Following on from.....

Legolas 19:40 15 Jul 08

This thread click here what is your favourite scene in a movie. I have several The sanity clause scene in the Marx Brothers "A Night at the Opera" Too many to mention from Laural & Hardy and the Landing of the spaceship in Close Encounters of the Third Kind to name but a few.

Bingalau 20:03 15 Jul 08

Raising the barn in Seven Brides For Seven Brothers.

Also the scene in Cactus Jack where he gets stuck on the front of a train.

bremner 20:10 15 Jul 08

Life of Brian when Brian is brought before Pilot and Michael Palin walks around the guards threatening them not to laugh when he says Biggus Dickus. click here

laurie53 20:12 15 Jul 08

It's got to be "They call me Mr Tibbs!"

J B 20:15 15 Jul 08

I have two from "Ben-Hur", The Chariot Race I think is the most brilliant piece of filming ever, followed by the Sea Battle.

Last but not least is the attempted suicide scene in the movie "Scent of a Woman". Al Pacino was brilliant in that film as a disillusioned Army Colonel. J.B.

interzone55 21:11 15 Jul 08

I'm not sure about favourite scenes, but this is one of my favourite lines is this from Ferris Bueller's Day Off...

"Um, he's sick. My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Ferris pass out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious."

or this from the same film

"Life moves by pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it."

Si_L 21:15 15 Jul 08

The bit in the Matrix Reloaded where Neo takes on a whole load of nasty people in the Frenchmans house.

And the fight between Jet-Li and Jackie Chan in the Forbidden Kingdom, that is some sick martial arts.

gardener 21:53 15 Jul 08

The Godfather, where Michael Corleone says to his brother ' Keep your friends close, but keep your enemies closer'. Chilling.

Legolas 21:57 15 Jul 08

There is a few of these I have not seen makes me want to see the movies now. Just thought of another, the beans scene in blazing saddles.

gardener 22:00 15 Jul 08

Also the ending in Some Like It Hot, Jack Lemmon finally tells his (her) husband that he's not a woman. Reply... 'Well, nobody's perfect'.

gardener 22:14 15 Jul 08

Oh you really got me going now. The football match scene in 'Kes'. Hilarious.

Not a movie but very moving, Yosser Hughes story in 'Boys From The Blackstuff'.

The original 'Wicker Man' where Edward Woodward finally finds out his destination.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

New Corel ParticleShop plugin now available: 11 new brushes & 6 new brush packs

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…