Focus DIY going into administration.

Portal11 16:30 04 May 11

Ive used Focus a few times & i found them expensive, i do like their stores though they have a decent range, its a shame for the 3000+ staff! i hope they get a buyer for the company..

link text

oresome 17:04 04 May 11

A shame, we could more with more competition in the home improvement market, not less.

The fact is with many of these sheds, they're open all hours, have massive stock and just one or two customers wandering around apart from weekends and Bank holidays.

interzone55 17:12 04 May 11

B&Q does well because they have a superstore on the edge of most towns, and they have large trade sales.

Focus & Homebase are not as well known, and don't seem to have a trade counter, so they're rarely busy.

As was the case with Woolworths, it's a shame when a company closes, but they can only stay open if people spend money there...

Woolwell 18:57 04 May 11

Focus has been struggling for years and had millions of debt in 2007 Reuters report

If Chris Dawson does buy it then he will turn it around.

Condom 19:17 04 May 11

I've just come back shopping from Focus when I read this. They have a big supersatore on the edge of Shrewsbury and after being there I'm not surprised. I don't think any of the plants had been watered for days and they all looked as if they were on their last legs. The shelves were half empty and when I reached the counter none of the tills were open and everyone had to queue at the customer services counter to pay. Staff were just hanging about with that couldn't care less look. I was rather annoyed but I guess they had the news by then. Still no excuse for not looking after their customers.

I've used this shop for years and I think they lost their focus (excuse the pun) as they tried to be a jack of all trades and master of nothing. What is the point of stocking pet food when there is a huge dedicated pet shop a hundred yards away

Covergirl 19:39 04 May 11

Just bought a bag of cement from Focus because B&Q were sold out - it worked out just under a £ dearer than B&Q. Uncompetetive pricing policies don't work in most peoples books.

They have only been open here a few years in a purpose built store - wonder who will take it over if they go under?

morddwyd 20:06 04 May 11

They used to do a lot of craft stuff, but they seem to have moved out of that and concentrated on the DIY side.

A pity, because they were often the only craft shop around.

al's left peg 23:42 04 May 11

I always thought Focus was part of the Wickes group. I wonder if they are in trouble as well?

I got some decking for a small area at the back of my garden last October. I bought all the tinber from a local timber supplier as it worked out a staggering £212.00 cheaper than B&Q!!!

spuds 23:45 04 May 11

Focus who had two stores in the nearby city to me, moved out years ago. Wickes don't seem to be doing all that well in our location either. They are due to move from their long term occupancy at a local retail park, but there is no mention as to where they might relocate.

oresome 08:44 05 May 11

Focus did buy Wickes at one time, but they were sold on again to Travis Perkins, a builders merchants who still own them.

Al94 11:27 07 May 11

B & Q buy 31 Focus Stores click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac