F.A.O PC WORLD DIRECTORS ( 4 NEW PCS & ALL FAULTY)

valentina 21:30 04 Dec 07

this is the only way I can think of to get a response from pc world directors, as their customer services have not been able to resolve my problem.I have asked to speak with Keith Jones Director but the furthest I have got is Team leaders in their sheffield office, my story I wanted to replace my pc, went to pc world bought brand new one cash, phoned sky to have an engineer come and install my broadband and my new tv ( dixons, phillips 42 inch)
1st pc advent mother board broke
2nd pc packard bell sounded like it had a lung disease.(re furbished i think) made terrible noises and ps tech guys told me re install the whole thing, no I took it back to store
3rd pc packard bell again kept crashing

all the above pcs were checked by the " tech guys" all confirmed faulty

4th pc pakard bell " worked" wow!! called sky to re install broadband,he said great you got one that works, I said yipee, he said hey theres no sound. ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

PHONED TECH GUYS, WE DID CHECKS ...RESULT ANOTHER PC FAULTY
here are the folks ive spoke to already and got nowhere, team leaders melissa, andrew kenyon, stuart, customer services karen, tech guy who tried to fix the sound was called nic his id no is 26916.

ALL I WANT IS A PC THAT WORKS, CAN SOMEONE TELL ME HOW I CAN CONTACT THE MANAGING DIRECTOR OF PC WORLD AS I THINK HE SHOULD KNOW WHAT IS GOING ON.

octal 21:49 04 Dec 07

Why don't you keep it all in one forum? You've posted in the correct one here click here

interzone55 22:07 04 Dec 07

This is the board of directors from PC World's arent company Dixons Stores Group International.

click here

A chap was on TV the other week and suggested that instead of sending complaints to the MD, and I still maintain that he/she will never see these letters, send them to another director who perhaps doesn't lead such an exciting and busy life. Try the Marketing Director, mention that you have posted to this very busy forum, they'll hate the bad publicity.

You could also try the finance director, they'll spot any financial implications of any bad fallout

valentina 22:12 04 Dec 07

ive never complained before and dont really know how to, mabey alan you can help x

Forum Editor 22:31 04 Dec 07

in different forum areas. You've posted another one in Consumerwatch - which is the proper place - so I'll lock this one.

interzone55 22:41 04 Dec 07

In response to your personal message, I would say that the best course of action to take is to return the fourth PC to PC World, get a refund and go elsewhere.

I would also send a polite, spell checked letter of complaint to the store manager (just address it to the Manager at the store address), copy the letter to a couple of the company directors and your local trading standards, make sure you list all these people as CC at the top of the letter.

This BBC webpage may me useful
click here

When pursuing a complaint that may take some time to resolve make sure that you keep a copy of all correspondence, and also start a spreadsheet detailing all the letters sent, where you sent them, the dates sent and any costs incurred, like recorded delivery, costs to get the sky man round, any independent testing fees etc.

If you send someone any copies of letters, don't send your last copy, do new photocopies.

If you need to go to small claims court you will have to give details of any costs incurred, you can claim all reasonable costs, except solicitors fees, back if you win, don't go wild though, as there is a limit of £5000 on Small Claims Court awards.

Above all else, always be polite, honest and accurate in any correspondence.

When I took my car finance company to court I found this ook very useful
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Best iMovie for Mac tips 2017 | How to edit video with iMovie: 26 brilliant video editing tricks…