Flock Browser

DANZIG 01:02 09 Apr 08

I noticed this in another thread in the 'Helproom'. So I've downloaded it.

It looks pretty good, pretty much the same as any other browser but with some interesting little things on it.

Does anyone else use it?

Any good / bad things about it??

Legolas 07:50 09 Apr 08

I use it since seeing the thread you mention. It is fast and I prefer it to IE7 although I still use IE6 in conjunction with it. So far I have seen no drawbacks while using it.

Managing ed 09:47 09 Apr 08

And you can quote me on that.

For obvious reasons, web browsers are my primary work tools. For a long time now I've used Firefox to post and edit to PCA, check traffic and so on. And I'm perfectly happy with it.

But Flock is now my number one for IM, webmail, RSS feeds and browsing the PCA forums. It's just so intuitive. Previously I used Netscape for these things, but when that browser went to the big bargain bin in the sky, a colleague recommended Flock and I've never looked back.

IE? Nothing against it, can't think of a single reason to use it over the others though.

Matt Egan
Managing Editor
PC Advisor

Forum Editor 16:45 09 Apr 08

and both have their strengths and weaknesses. Flock is good and fast, and for that reason I tend to use it for my work here, in the forums.

DANZIG 08:29 10 Apr 08

Are there any other browsers out there that have other strengths?

I use Firefox mostly, but I have tried Safari (shiny), IE (dull),Opera (fiddly) and the aforementioned Flock (nice).

Are there any more out there?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…