Flags on Cars etc.

Bingalau 18:14 21 Jun 06

I've just been reading another thread about the lack of flags in certain areas of England. I am more concerned that the people who are so proudly flying the cross of St.George on cars etc. Remember to keep them for use on St.Georges day (23rd April every year). We have already got the Jocks (now awaiting "Wee Eddie's" reply) worried by getting all patriotic again. So let's all save and re-use our English flag, to get right up the noses of the Jocks and the Paddy's. .. They quite rightly and proudly fly their countries' flags and colours on their national days.. So come on you downtrodden Englishmen. Rise up and fly the flag... Oh yes it used to be customary to also wear a red rose on St. Georges day too. So give the florist a bit of custom too ..Bingalau..

ade.h 18:20 21 Jun 06

I had to read that last line twice - for a moment, I thought you were suggesting that we all wear a red nose on St. George's Day.

alB 18:20 21 Jun 06

Jocks and the Paddy's ...can't see this lasting long, anyway what about the Welsh !! ...alB :-)

AngeTheHippy 18:28 21 Jun 06

being told NOT to fly the St.George's flag (or Union flag for that matter!) because it upsets certain ethnic minorities! Yet, when members of these minorities have been asked whether it offends them the answer is no - like kids not singing Christmas Carols at Christmas, no street decorations etc. etc. All this political correctness is utter rubbish. Remember the adage... 'When in Rome...'?

AngeTheHippy
xx

SG Atlantis® 18:34 21 Jun 06

"Jocks and the Paddy's"

It's comments like this that makes me dislike the English, stuck up, oooh we're better than everyone else attitude.

thms 18:56 21 Jun 06

As a Jock I fail to understand why we should be upset by which flag you want to fly. I personaly don't rate England as a world beating team. Even if they are better than Scotland. Then again everyone else is better than us.

Win or lose the Tartan Army goes to enjoy themselves.

Forum Editor 19:02 21 Jun 06

I'm not going to allow any threads like this to survive.

Stay away from comments about the differences between English/Scottish/Irish/Welsh customs and national traits, and we'll have a greater chance of a peaceful coexistence.

The few comments that this thread already contains should be an indication (if one was needed) of how easily such a subject can escalate into unpleasantness.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…