"Fixing the Pedigree Dog"

TopCat® 12:57 13 Apr 09

A Radio Four thirty minute programme that is well worth a listen for dog lovers everywhere. click here Not a dog owner myself but we have my granddaughter's springer spaniel here through the school week.

Choosing a properly registered and authorised breeder could save you some expensive visits to the veterinary practice, as this programme points out. TC.

Quickbeam 13:02 13 Apr 09

Breeding with pairs from far afield and not genetically related is the only way to fix breed faults.

Mr Mistoffelees 13:44 13 Apr 09

The only way to fix breed faults, is to bring The Kennel Club to account, over the way they promote breed standards that result in, inherently, unhealthy dogs.

lofty29 13:52 13 Apr 09

There was a programme on tv a while back which showed the disgusting way in which breeders and the kennel club behave, resulting in sadly deformed animals.

Chegs ®™ 15:39 13 Apr 09

I have a very light coloured golden retreiver that I wish to get a litter from,but so far any dog of similar colouring has proven to be a close relative & been discounted.I did have a look at one dogs pedigree papers as I was assured he wasnt related,only to discover that the breeder I got my bitch from wasnt so scrupulous as both my & the dogs papers showed lots of matches.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…