First Trip to Tenerife...

Seth Haniel 10:07 28 May 08

next week, for fortnight. Know nothing about the place any 'Must sees or Must do's while there ?

€dstowe 10:41 28 May 08

Take a trip into the volcano (Mt. Teide).

Taste the dreadful local banana liqueur - once tasted, never forgotten.

Seth Haniel 10:43 28 May 08

will have my trusty Digital with me........

Bananas my favourite fruit. ;)

€dstowe 10:58 28 May 08

The bananas are OK, it's just that horrible drink they make from them that's the problem. There are some very nice flavoured small size bananas they serve for breakfast - I think they are called lady's fingers. Very sweet and flavourful.

Have a trip to the banana plantations. Quite a strange feeling, very high humidity amongst the plants.

Seth Haniel 11:01 28 May 08

our resort is between Los Gigantes and Americas - so within easy reach

rawprawn 11:28 28 May 08

G'day, it's years since I was there in the north in Puerto de la Cruz. I don't know much about it, but enjoy your holiday.

Seth Haniel 12:54 28 May 08

Playa Paraiso near Adeje, further down the coast.

2 weeks away from PCs - and my mobile phone access will also be curtailed - after the bill I received after three days in ireland

rawprawn
as long as the beers cool - intend to relax
;)

donki 13:29 28 May 08

Go on the catamaran trip around the coast, I think we got it in the Americas harbour. You can see the whales, dolphines and if your lucky a shark, we had a hammer head pass right below us. Then there is two stops for swimming and snorkeling. All you can drink all day included in the price!

I really liked Tenerife, definitely the nicest of the cannaires. Fanabie Beach is the nicest, its just between Adeje and Americas.

newman35 18:13 28 May 08

"...and if your lucky a shark, we had a hammer head pass right below us. Then there is two stops for swimming and snorkeling"

Yes the simple pleasures take some beating! :-)

Chegs ®™ 02:47 29 May 08

I saw Tenerife in a TV prog about buying homes there saying that any of the popular tourist areas are frequented by english 18-30s whose sole mission was to stay as drunk as possible.As it was a repeat(as is most satalite TV)I hope the prog was from several years back & its night/day life has moved on from the times of "oh great,holiday/drinking time.Wheres the nearest bar?"

johndrew 10:18 29 May 08

I didn`t see it mentioned, but when you go up Teide, remember it is all pumice and very abrasive so wear a pair of strong shoes/trainers. It is also worth remembering the rapid change in altitude - you will most likely feel breathless. If you want to go right to the top (a fair walk from the cable car station) you will need to get a licence from the Tourist Board before you go up - I don`t think they are available in the park office, but your guide/hotel should know. If you don`t want to do that but want a walk, you can follow the path (bit rough) around the upper level and enjoy the views - it will take you a couple of hours at least.

If you get the chance to go up to the north east of the island there are some lovely little villages perched on near vertical cliffs. Find a nice bar and have a coffee (or stronger) whilst enjoying the silence and the view.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…