First copy of PCA bought ???

smy13 23:04 03 Jan 06

Just been doing a spring clean after being nagged to "get rid of some of those stupid magazines" and came across the first PCAdvisor I bought, it was the November 2004 issue that included the free copy of service pack 2 (only reason I bought it at the time). I can't believe the amount I've learnt about PCs since then from the mag but most of all from the forum just lurking in the background taking it all in, (well as much as my brain lets me) and making the occasional post. however probably the most startling thing that's happened since I started lurking around this part of the net is how many of my friends and family I now seem to be helping out with their PCs. and most of the time I'm only passing on things I've learnt here. now I'm sure that there are a lot of you out there that can tell me how long in the dim and distance past you started buying the mag and lurking around this neck of the cyber woods I'd like to hear your stories ......................
So thanks PCA for making me the Family Geek (as the wife so lovingly puts it)

HondaMan 10:28 04 Jan 06

..of the Blind, the One-eyed man is king.

I seem to be the nominated "guru" in this village for all sorts of problems. Even helping others helps me to learn, and avoid some of the mistakes that others have made.

smy13 19:34 04 Jan 06

"In the Land of the Blind, the One-eyed man is king"
Very good, I like that sums it up nicely

Forum Editor 19:38 04 Jan 06

Lights and bushels, lights and bushels.

smy13 19:42 04 Jan 06

After 4 hrs on the M1 got to say you've lost me on that one

De Marcus™ 19:48 04 Jan 06
  smy13 19:52 04 Jan 06

Got it !!

SG Atlantis® 20:14 04 Jan 06

I like that link. thanks!

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This animated short film tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…