The fireworks have started tonight

bumpkin 20:40 19 Oct 14

Saw the first rocket tonight so now I know it will continue to early January, not something that bothers me but what is it all about. What happens in your area.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 21:46 19 Oct 14

Been going on for a couple of weeks round here will stop mid Feb if like other years.

morddwyd 07:14 20 Oct 14

As I say every year, the one area where Health and Safety really needs to be reinforced and it is ignored while efforts are concentrated on cheese rolling and conkers.

In my time as a weapons engineer I and colleagues put on displays every year, and every year somebody was hurt, yet I can count on one hand the number of people I saw injured during normal in a forty year career.

Explosives are not toys to be sold to any adult who happens to be in a local supermarket.

BT 08:25 20 Oct 14

We've heard a few recently, but often hear them at all times of the year. I suppose people let them off at various celebrations, usually on a Saturday night. Trouble is you can buy them all year round now. There are a number of Online shops.

spuds 09:22 20 Oct 14

In my neck of the woods, it usually starts with the onset of Asian Festivals, then commenced through to the New Year celebrations. But strangely enough, and so far, there doesn't seem to be individual's letting off fireworks, but more like organised displays.

I hope saying that hasn't now upset things for the next few weeks. But like most things, if it does, then we will have to live with it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac