Firefox is slow!

Tenacious Green 10:57 24 Oct 05

I have had to uninstall and reinstall firefox completely including profile folders because I was having problems with it.

It now seems very slow starting up. Is there a tweak for speeding up startup of firefox? I remember I did use a tweak to speed up browsing but not sure if it included startup. I can't find it now.

Tenacious Green 10:59 24 Oct 05

Sorry accidentially put it on Speakers Corner. Should be on Helproom forum. Could it be moved please?

Sorry not concentrating.

Belatucadrus 13:03 24 Oct 05

click here FireTune

Tenacious Green 13:52 24 Oct 05

Thankyou Belatucadrus

SANTOS7 13:52 24 Oct 05

I came accross firetune last week, as some would say a tweak that actually works........

ade.h 18:26 24 Oct 05

Bet it doesn't stop the constant crashes though. I love Firefox for its usability, appearance and features, but Opera has proven to be totally rock solid and a lot quicker, particularly with data-driven sites like this one.

Belatucadrus 22:07 24 Oct 05

"constant crashes" what crashes ? mine doesn't, one of the reasons I've not gone back to IE.

ade.h 22:45 24 Oct 05

I find that Firefox crashes numerous times per day. The frequency varies; there are some days when it won't happen at all, and others when it's impossible to use for having to reload it every few minutes. Revision 1.0.6 brought this about for me, though I found that previous iterations were never as stable as other browsers.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Apple Event as it happened | Apple October Event live blog: Apple unveils new MacBook Pro at…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Graeme Messer's exhibition aims to challenge fears and insecurities

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…