Firefox reviews on this website are incongruous.

Aitchbee 20:14 19 Aug 11

Yesterday it was 'do not touch it with a barge-pole. Today it's 4 stars. FE - can you explain this dichotomy?

Terry Brown 20:56 19 Aug 11

Firefox is a good system for XP, however some websites do not open correctly, I do not know about using Firefox on Windows 7 , as it may have a different set of problems. Terry

Aitchbee 21:00 19 Aug 11

Terry - I am using ff 3.5 on my laptop as IE7 and IE8 do not work..I am not knocking it . But the bi-polar reviews given on this website are a bit disconcerting.

birdface 21:06 19 Aug 11

I take it this is what you mean.

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/reviews/software/3298112/mozilla-firefox-6-review/

But I have only seen good reviews for F6 and F5 and F4 so maybe I got the wrong page.

Mind you I have not read through it as Brumas is calling.

ams4127 21:44 19 Aug 11

"IE7 and IE8 do not work"

A very sweeping statement. Millions of people would disagree.

Woolwell 21:59 19 Aug 11

If you've got XP then IE8 works well as you haven't got the option of going to IE9.

Aitchbee 22:01 19 Aug 11

The poor review of firefox appeared yesterday. I can not give you a link to it.I don't make these things up.

Forum Editor 22:22 19 Aug 11

"FE - can you explain this dichotomy?"

Not really, because I haven't the faintest idea what you're talking about.

I suggest that you go into the reviews section, select 'software' then 'Internet/online' and run a search for 'Firefox' - you'll see a list of all the reviews we've published, going back to 2006. Not one of them says 'Do not touch it with a bargepole'.

Aitchbee 22:42 19 Aug 11

I will apologise to everyone.This has been a learning curve for me.

birdface 00:47 20 Aug 11

AitchBEE

Stay of that Buckfast and you should be Ok.

Aitchbee 07:54 20 Aug 11

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/news/internet/3297923/firefox-6-four-reasons-not-to-upgrade/ I knew I had seen it somewhere. It appeared on the News part of this website on the 18th of this month.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…