Firefox and MS Defender work really well together.

ghm101 00:26 13 Jun 06

I reinstalled my work laptop about 6 months ago (XP pro).

I set it up with Firefox and Windows Defender (upgraded from MS anti-spyware beta at some point).

Since then I have done a lot of web surfing, ranging far and wide, not visiting any sites obviously dodgy, but taking in a lot of different websites all the same.

Today, out of interest, I loaded up and scanned with Spybot Search and Destroy for a second opinion about the state of spyware on my machine, and all that was found was about 5 tracking cookies. And that was all!!!

I was really impressed as I wouldn’t have been surprised if something had slipped through.

So these two apps have worked very well in partnership for me, recommend them to anyone.

One key thing was that they were installed immediately onto a fresh install of windows, which seems much easier to protect than to clean.

What works for you?

Jackcoms 10:06 13 Jun 06

I.E. and MS Defender work really well together.

The Spires 10:23 13 Jun 06

ghm101 I think the reason you are spyware free is due to you being careful about the sites you visit, which is the reason I haven't had any spyware in a year or more.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…