//some 3rd party need geo

Is Firefox doing it's best to catch up with IE?

Mr Mistoffelees 13:24 10 May 05

More critical security flaws coming to light click here

abbott8 13:36 10 May 05

I think the reason is because more and more people are using firefox and the malicious code writers feel the need to reach their widest audience so they are attacking firefox more and more often. Thanks for the warning. At least problems are being identified and addressed as soon as possible. I'll keep an eye open for anything untoward and hopefully mozilla will soon have a cure.

Dennis Goycoolea 14:21 10 May 05

There's example code for this exploit available on the Web - try it out. It won't work because Mozilla have already changed updates.mozilla.org to stop the exploit working: click here

Forums elsewhere are full of people complaining "The exploit doesn't do anything!". :)

Dennis

tenplus1 15:38 10 May 05

Catch Up ???

It's not exactly a competition...

Everyone has their own browser they like using and each have their own bugs that are being fixed during it's lifetime...

Mr Mistoffelees 20:35 10 May 05

tenplus1

I use Opera 8, I believe it is a more complete and polished product.

bremner 18:44 12 May 05

Mozilla report the flaws now fixed click here

CurlyWhirly 22:32 12 May 05

I think that a week to fix 2 security flaws is pretty damned quick compared to the usual long wait for Microsoft to releases a patch for Internet Explorer.

Forum Editor 00:38 13 May 05

Well it is really, but I know exactly what you mean.

Stuartli 18:13 14 May 05

You can compare Mozilla's security updates total to those of Microsoft at:

click here

The Nightly Builds list is at:

click here

CurlyWhirly 22:08 14 May 05

I agree. Mozilla seem to be able to respond to a security issue with great speed and they don't have the resources and staff of Microsoft so I think that they deserve credit where credits due.
Having said this, Microsoft are due to release IE7 soon so we will have to wait and see who wins the browser war!

Mr Mistoffelees 22:33 14 May 05

IE 7 will have to be good to get me back from Opera.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…