Firefighters tackle ghost ship blaze

Seth Haniel 12:47 05 Feb 10

click here

DOZENS of firefighters are tackling a major blaze at a ship recycling yard.
Crews from across the region are fighting the fire at Able UK's Graythorp site, on the outskirts of Hartlepool, after a blaze broke out on board the Clemenceau.

Quickbeam 13:02 05 Feb 10

Is that the shipbreaking site that's linked with contaminated ships?

sunnystaines 16:29 05 Feb 10

that was the pride of the french amarda like our ArkRoyal surprised they never kept it restored in one of their naval ports as a museum.

Seth Haniel 16:31 05 Feb 10

and it burns like matchwood

johndrew 16:37 05 Feb 10

Correct me if I`m wrong, but isn`t this the same company that came on TV telling everyone how safe breaking ships at their plant was?

wiz-king 16:52 05 Feb 10

With the amount of flammable material on these old ships (like 1/8 inch thick paint) I am not surprised if a gas-axe sets light to it occasionally.

Forum Editor 17:39 05 Feb 10

was under control within 90 minutes, and the fire chief said that no hazardous materials were involved.

Everyone can come away from the windows and go back to work.

GANDALF <|:-)> 18:10 05 Feb 10

There seems to be quite a few non stories on the boards today. Is it a slow news day?

G

morddwyd 19:50 05 Feb 10

What do you expect?

It's the Mail! lol.

Seth Haniel 20:32 05 Feb 10

afraid at 9:30am this morning sitting less than 3 miles from the event and yet another fire engine racing by to the scene it was not a 'non-story' with roads closed , the local radio reporting on it also.
Always wise after the event and even the link I proffered at the time changed to reflect the control by the fire brigade.
We were even on stand by in case the decontamination tent was needed for any casualties.

Not a non-story in Hartlepool I can assure you.

gaucho. 21:16 05 Feb 10

It is the Hartlepool Mail. A far superior product to the national garbage called the mail.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5