Finished work for Christmas yet?

Blackhat 18:10 20 Dec 10

I closed factory 1 on Friday 17th and factory 2 at 3:30 today.
All work done ahead of time and a few last minute reschedules of deliveries until the New Year means we have nothing more to make until Jan 2011. I will be in and out a few times this week checking messages and picking up cheques otherwise I’m done. Hooray!

wee eddie 18:58 20 Dec 10

Better be prepared for the closure of the business then. Such a short Order Book sounds terrifying to me.

It is just such an outlook that has allowed British Industry to pass it's work to China. (Of course, there are other reasons, I know that it's not that simple, as well.)

Having said that, I wish you a Wonderful and Happy Christmas, I'm sure that you deserve it.

Noldi 19:20 20 Dec 10

We break up Dec 23rd.
Im on a flight to Gatwick in the evening, fingers crossed.

Noldi

ams4127 20:22 20 Dec 10

We finish on 23rd. Airfied deserted (RAF pilots finished last Fri) but we have to turn up each day and do nothing until tomorrow evening when we start to shut the aircraft systems down for the break.

Life can be just too exciting at times!!

OTT_B 20:26 20 Dec 10

23rd for me, providing local roads don't become too dangerous to drive, in which case it's the time off til the 23rd, unpaid :(

Armchair 20:34 20 Dec 10

Not work as such, but I have to at least go and hand in a time sheet on Christmas Eve.

Blackhat 20:47 20 Dec 10

I have a healthy order book for the start of the New Year but I cannot manufacture until stock arrives on the 4th.

I manufacture conservatories and shop fronts, supply only across the UK. Orders on the conservatory side are usually 7 days lead time so to have a busy start to the New Year is unusual, just to add, I had my best December for years!

You cannot import my stuff from China, custom built in 7 days.

babybell 20:48 20 Dec 10

Was made redundant on the 15th of this month, so a nice relaxing run into Xmas and New Year before starting my new job on the 4th.

wee eddie 20:51 20 Dec 10

All the best. I was worried for you

Blackhat 20:54 20 Dec 10

I know that feeling, quite a few years ago I had a windfall and packed in work in November with a new job start in February, best Christmas break I ever had. Incidentally the new job start ended up some years later to me owning two manufacturing companies.

Blackhat 20:59 20 Dec 10

Thanks, I got through the recession against all odds so I expect to be around for a while, have another company in the planning to open mid 2011. Many of my competitors failed which is probably why I survived; I take a big knock though with the weather. Fitters can’t work in these conditions so deliveries get put back, payments delayed etc.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5