Finger on the Pulse?

oresome 14:23 16 Nov 08

The Prince of Wales wants the traditional role of the monarch changed to allow him to speak out on the issues of the day when he becomes king, according to his biographer.

click here

Long live the Queen!

lofty29 14:46 16 Nov 08

I do not see any reason why the monarch should be prevented from expressing his or her opinion on any subject, surely they should have the same right of free speech as anyone else.

Forum Editor 14:58 16 Nov 08

but I think that before he presumes to speak out on matters of national importance he might spend a little more time finding out exactly what is important as far as we, the nation are concerned, and less time flaunting his wealth so conspicuously at expensive 60th birthday parties in times of economic downturn.

On Wednesday evening, the Queen hosted a lavish dinner for him at Buckingham Palace, and he followed that up with an elegant party for 250 guests at Highgrove, where they quaffed champagne, ate fillet of Castle of Mey beef and listened to Rod Stewart, who big-heartedly waived his normal £1 million performance fee.

Insensitive and self-centred are the words that spring to mind.

wiz-king 15:39 16 Nov 08

I am surprised at your stance, after all he is just following the dictate of the Prime Minister to spend, spend, spend our way out of the recession.

GANDALF <|:-)> 15:41 16 Nov 08

Where is Che Guevara when you need him?

G

Forum Editor 16:13 16 Nov 08

Aaahh...

My mistake, in that case make mine a large one.

WhiteTruckMan 16:50 16 Nov 08

and is solving the worlds energy crisis by generating vast amounts of the stuff as he spins in his grave.

WTM

al's left peg 17:26 16 Nov 08

FE. I can't believe Rod Stewart would not take a fee!!!!

S5W 19:05 16 Nov 08

If when the Prince of Wales becomes King he carries out his wish to publicly express personal opinions on current affairs he will become nothing more than a political panjandrum and his actions will finally put an end to the British Monarchy. He is a very foolish man.

newman35 20:22 16 Nov 08

Sad to say you may now have lost the 'gong' I suggested was on it's way to you in this earlier thread.(;()

click here

But I agree with your summation on this matter.

rowdy 20:51 16 Nov 08

Forum Editor

You missed out simple minded, foolish and self indulgent. I stopped there but there are many more I could have added.

I agree that he is why the Monarchy will pass away.

Surely with all his expensive education he should have learnt how to put the toothpaste on the brush.

rowdy

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…