FINALY we see justice handed out correctly!

24/7 14:07 24 Oct 08

This man will ROT inside, How could he harm a baby like he did, i hope the inmates get word of what he's in for..

I expected him to get ten yrs..wow i was happily wrong..

click here

GRIDD 14:14 24 Oct 08

I speechless at that man's deeds.

That poor, poor little girl :(

Si_L 14:19 24 Oct 08

He could be out before 2030, thats not exactly a life sentence.

24/7 14:43 24 Oct 08

HERE'S his picture..

click here

rickf 14:57 24 Oct 08

Actually,I think this is an animal that needs to be put down. There are forms of causing death which deserves a capital punishment.

ventanas 15:38 24 Oct 08

No it's not a life sentence and if he serves the minimum he will still be only 47 upon release, and will still have a considerable life in front of him, no doubt being paid for by the taxpayer.
If ever there was a case for bringing back captial punishment, this is it. I think he's got off lightly.
Don't they both look nice people?

peter99co 15:42 24 Oct 08

We need a referendum on Capital Punishment. It should be a question on the Census Form each time it is taken. This would be a guide every decade to the public opinion at that time.

newman35 15:44 24 Oct 08

I must say I felt a knot in the stomach when I heard what this animal had actually done to the toddler, and my first instinct was exactly the same as rickf - but then you have to stop yourself becoming just as evil and content yourself with the fact he will be losing all these years, and remember the 22 years is a 'minimum' tariff, so he may not get out even then.
But it is the kind of case that cries out for a rethink of capital punishment (but I only said re-think, my view on such punishment has to be against).

rdave13 16:14 24 Oct 08

This is a horror story. My own thinking is that justice has not been done.

Si_L 16:22 24 Oct 08

Life imprisionment should be just that - life. I know there are other issues involved but 22 years is about 1/4 of life, not really exactly what it says on the tin.

I'm against capital punishment though. Taking another persons life is a terrible thing to do. The answer is not to take their life too. Everyone has a right to life no matter what they have done. As Ghandi once said, "An eye for an eye and soon the whole world is blind."

Also, its really not relevant at all to judge the guy in any way on his mugshot. That is just his picture and doesn't give you any information at all. Judge him by the solid facts.

peter99co 16:23 24 Oct 08

If a person is as deficient in humanity as he is why is there a soft option now he has taken this young life.

We do not bring ourselves down to his despicable level when we ask for capital punishment. To be so evil is far worse.

Killers in the USA get 60+ years why are we so soft?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…