Filefront to close.

wolfie3000 04:52 27 Mar 09

Seems filefront the hugely successful file sharing site is to close down on March 30, 2009.

click here

Its been the gaming communities favoured site for uploading files from gaming videos to gaming mods, now it will be no more.

For me this is a tragic loss as the filefront community was the backbone of the modders everywhere.

It will be sadly missed by thousands.

wolfie3000 04:56 27 Mar 09

If anyone wants to download my tomb raider mods you can download them here, but be quick as i wont be uploading them anywhere else.

click here

wolfie3000 09:27 27 Mar 09

I was waiting for someone to say that, yeh i can understand what you mean but the majority of the user base is teenagers so making money from adverts was a big problem for them.

But i meant successful as in many hits per day.

Forum Editor 18:13 27 Mar 09

over 8 million unique visitors a month, which is a seriously large traffic volume. If the owners haven't been able to attract advertisers with that kind of traffic there's something badly wrong with the business model.

Hugely busy it may be, but "hugely successful" it is not.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…