File Blank.cgi

It's Me 16:34 24 Mar 05

Is it only me, or is anyone else being plagued by a file that keeps appearing when I use this site, every other time that I change a page.

It says:-

File Blank.cgi

Type Application/octet/stream.

If you press open or save it says that there is no file, and the Help takes you to C/Net

And, yes I do know that this is a free site, which is the comment usually thrown at me, or others, when we make a comment. and yes I do know I can press cancel, but that doesn't say what it is. :))

Joe R 18:23 24 Mar 05

It's me,

this may help your understanding of .cgi files.

click here

spikeychris 20:12 24 Mar 05

Do you have an ad-blocker and are you using
Opera? If so the browser is struggling with it.

octal 22:09 24 Mar 05

Watch it spikeychris your post will get deleted as well.

spikeychris 11:17 25 Mar 05

"Watch it spikeychris your post will get deleted as well." Have I missed something?

It's Me 12:45 25 Mar 05

Joe R. Sorry, I don't seem to be any wiser as to why they are there, what they have to do with me, and what they are supposed to do, other than annoy me. :))

spikeychris. I've missed it too!

Yes I do use Opera, and I have everything turned up, so I probably do have an ad blocker on. Is this thing important though?

octal 12:54 25 Mar 05

You and spikey on the right lines, but I'm not repeating myself because my post to you was deleted and I haven't a clue why, whatever, it doesn't matter.

spikeychris 13:21 25 Mar 05

Just disable the add blocker and all will be well.

spikeychris 13:22 25 Mar 05

octal if you have a beef contact the FE

octal 13:58 25 Mar 05

Waste of my time, its history.

It's Me 15:46 25 Mar 05

Now I know that this is going to sound 'thick', but just where is this add blocker likely to be. eg. Zone Alarm or Norton Antivirus, or Opera, or even all 3.

Sometimes I amaze even me, with what I haven't got a clue about! :))

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface PC release date, price and specs: All-in-one Surface PC to directly rival iMac

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…