Fifth of CVs 'contain major lies'

def90csw 10:05 09 Oct 06
  wiz-king 10:28 09 Oct 06

So! maybe they all wanted to be politicians or spin-doctors.

Al94 10:39 09 Oct 06

only a fifth??

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 13:10 09 Oct 06

A decent interviwer can spot them in less than five minutes.

Cymro. 14:24 09 Oct 06

As moving to a new job is very important to most applicants I am not very surprised that there is cheating.
As for Fruit Bat /\0/\ and "A decent interviewer can spot them in less than five minutes". Yes I agree but not all interviewers are that good at the job. People have managed to cheat their way past the interviewer and in to all sorts of very highly qualified jobs and then got away with it for years.
If it is possible to cheat and there is some advantage to doing so then there is always some who will do so.

Dizzy Bob 09:59 11 Oct 06

I friend of mine who works as a recruitment consultant one had a CV describing previous work as 'Marine Heating and Coating Engineer'

When asked about it, the candidate smiled and said 'summer job in a fish and chip shop!'

points for chutzpah!

DB

spuds 11:19 11 Oct 06

It's surprising what you can read in between the lines on some CV's before, during and after an interview. In a previous employment, it was part of my job to interview job applicant's. One particular interview always comes to mind. On the applicant's CV, it stated 'Strategic Assessment and Alignment Control Administration'.

When the applicant was pressed further, as to what this was, it transpired that he was in a local UK based American Football team. Needless to say, he never got the job offered, mainly due to the fact that he wanted to pursue most of his 'working' time following his football career, and not the job on offer.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced