FIFA Chicken out of technological help

Bingalau 18:10 08 Mar 08

What's the matter with these stick in the muds?

click here

Forum Editor 19:13 08 Mar 08

stuck in the mud.

Bingalau 19:29 08 Mar 08

Prezactly!

Earthsea 19:32 08 Mar 08

But don't football people like arguing about controversial referee decisions? I thought it was part of the game.

Bingalau 19:37 08 Mar 08

While we are on the football theme.. Barnsley have just beaten Chelsea. Another one for the underdog.

mrwoowoo 20:09 08 Mar 08

Thanks for that.
I was just starting to get over my blues(no pun intended) by coming on here and forgetting about it. )O:!
Foul on the keeper,i say.

Simsy 22:17 08 Mar 08

the body concerned is not FIFA, but rather;

The International Football board, the IFB.

The IFB exists purely to make/change the laws of the game of Association Football.

It consists of representatives from FIFA, and from each of the home nations, (England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland) FAs.

I forget the exact ratio of representation, but when the body was constructed the British bias was in an acknowledgemnt of the fact that the game was "invented" here, in Britain!

(I think, from memory the ratio is 4 votes each from England, Scotland, Northern Ireland and Wales, and 16 from FIFA)

As a result the British representation has a huge influence on the laws. And remember that each of the home nations is also represented on FIFA

It is this influence that, (in my opinion), stands to be the biggest loss if we are to have a "British" team.

Given this, I'm surprised at the decision that seems to have been reached!

Regards,

Simsy

Simsy 22:19 08 Mar 08

that there is an explanation of the board at the bottom of the link posted by Bingalau.

I'm pretty sure I'm right about it being iFB though, not IFAB !!

Regards,

Simsy

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5