Feel like a break, have a PC laugh

Totally-braindead 15:15 23 Jan 06

For those of you in need of a short break have a visit here click here

HondaMan 15:46 23 Jan 06

Brilliant!

Mr Mistoffelees 17:31 23 Jan 06

"Customer: "Email! I won't have anything to do with that Internet or modems of any sort! You should be careful about those. Don't you know that once you install a modem, the government can look into your computer and watch everything you do? That's why every night before I go to bed, I turn the monitor to the wall.""

Haol 18:20 23 Jan 06

That stuff just cracked me up *bookmarks the site*.

Forum Editor 18:27 23 Jan 06

who asked me to visit her office while she was on holiday, and set up a new network for her. I duly did the work, and as I was about to leave a thunderstorm started brewing, so I went round pulling all the plugs from the sockets.

Days later I received an irate phone call, asking why I had pulled the plugs. I explained about the storm. "But you left some of the socket switches on" she said. I replied that I may well have done, but that didn't matter - nothing was plugged in.

"Of course it mattered" she said "Electricity has been leaking out of them for days, and now I'll get a massive bill".

Difficult to believe, but absolutely true.

Chegs ®™ 18:41 23 Jan 06

"Of course it mattered" she said "Electricity has been leaking out of them for days, and now I'll get a massive bill".

Surely you offered to pay for the carpet cleaning as the mess your carelessness caused won't have been easy to rectify?

Indigo 1 07:28 24 Jan 06

I am an Electrician and it never ceases to amaze me how many times that particular type of thing crops up, I was once accused of 'stealing electricity' from a customers sockets with my 'meter' and carrying it away in my toolbox !
Lord knows what the customer thought I was doing with it !

Those of us with more experience in these matters find it difficult to understand such levels of ignorance.

Minkey1 11:18 24 Jan 06

From the site:

A lady struck up a conversation with me on an airplane.

Her: "And where are you going?"
Me: "I'm going to San Francisco to a UNIX convention."
Her: "Eunuchs convention? I didn't know there were that many of you."

LOL

SANTOS7 11:24 24 Jan 06

Like it!LIKE IT!!! cheers matey......

pj123 18:49 25 Jan 06

And all of you who remember Telex??

When I worked in the International Telex Exchange we would, quite often, ask a customer:

"Can you please press the keys a bit harder as it is coming out faint this end."

We would always get back "OK".

stalion 19:42 25 Jan 06

Person on the phone with a pc problem.
Helper,"have you got windows"?
Person,"yes I'm looking out of the window at the moment"

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

VFX Oscar nominees 2017: Discover how the visual effects were created

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…