Feel like a break, have a PC laugh

Totally-braindead 15:15 23 Jan 06

For those of you in need of a short break have a visit here click here

HondaMan 15:46 23 Jan 06

Brilliant!

Mr Mistoffelees 17:31 23 Jan 06

"Customer: "Email! I won't have anything to do with that Internet or modems of any sort! You should be careful about those. Don't you know that once you install a modem, the government can look into your computer and watch everything you do? That's why every night before I go to bed, I turn the monitor to the wall.""

Haol 18:20 23 Jan 06

That stuff just cracked me up *bookmarks the site*.

Forum Editor 18:27 23 Jan 06

who asked me to visit her office while she was on holiday, and set up a new network for her. I duly did the work, and as I was about to leave a thunderstorm started brewing, so I went round pulling all the plugs from the sockets.

Days later I received an irate phone call, asking why I had pulled the plugs. I explained about the storm. "But you left some of the socket switches on" she said. I replied that I may well have done, but that didn't matter - nothing was plugged in.

"Of course it mattered" she said "Electricity has been leaking out of them for days, and now I'll get a massive bill".

Difficult to believe, but absolutely true.

Chegs ®™ 18:41 23 Jan 06

"Of course it mattered" she said "Electricity has been leaking out of them for days, and now I'll get a massive bill".

Surely you offered to pay for the carpet cleaning as the mess your carelessness caused won't have been easy to rectify?

Indigo 1 07:28 24 Jan 06

I am an Electrician and it never ceases to amaze me how many times that particular type of thing crops up, I was once accused of 'stealing electricity' from a customers sockets with my 'meter' and carrying it away in my toolbox !
Lord knows what the customer thought I was doing with it !

Those of us with more experience in these matters find it difficult to understand such levels of ignorance.

Minkey1 11:18 24 Jan 06

From the site:

A lady struck up a conversation with me on an airplane.

Her: "And where are you going?"
Me: "I'm going to San Francisco to a UNIX convention."
Her: "Eunuchs convention? I didn't know there were that many of you."

LOL

SANTOS7 11:24 24 Jan 06

Like it!LIKE IT!!! cheers matey......

pj123 18:49 25 Jan 06

And all of you who remember Telex??

When I worked in the International Telex Exchange we would, quite often, ask a customer:

"Can you please press the keys a bit harder as it is coming out faint this end."

We would always get back "OK".

stalion 19:42 25 Jan 06

Person on the phone with a pc problem.
Helper,"have you got windows"?
Person,"yes I'm looking out of the window at the moment"

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5