FE, What do you acctually see?

Bob The Nob© 10:36 07 Feb 07

I have always wondered, what does the forum look like for you? I mean what controls do you have, can you see whos browsing what and who's lurking about? Can you see whats being posted in real time?
Can you see the top 100 posts etc?

Just wondered what admin enhancements you've got to make life easier.

Cymro. 10:57 07 Feb 07

I think he is just telepathic as he is always on to me quick enough when I make a mistake.

Bingalau 11:08 07 Feb 07

I don't think he's going to tell anyone information like that. some of you might get around to counteracting his methods. The rest of us wouldn't like or want that. ..Bingalau..

Diemmess 11:13 07 Feb 07

..... It does excercise the mind doesn't it!

A site as good as this is also a challenge to the hooligans out there, and to provide answers would only help the mischief makers.

From my own crystal ball ... I see a very competent speed reader never far from a monitor.
Plus
Some programming which flags whatever words or phrases are "interesting" in flashing primary colours on a monitor which is close by the Deity through all 24 hrs.

Bob The Nob© 11:18 07 Feb 07

I dont want to know so I can create havok, I just wondered. I'm not expecting a real answer but I am just curious how he manages the massive forum with close to 210000 Memebrs and nearly 240000 topics to control.
He must be superman!

Bingalau 11:44 07 Feb 07

He's probably got a very good P.A. ..Bingalau..

wee eddie 11:45 07 Feb 07

There are only 11 Members, the rest of us are Sprites!

johndrew 12:03 07 Feb 07

Speak for yourself. Some of us a closer to being spirits!!!!

wee eddie 12:35 07 Feb 07

The level of the spirits in my glass is low and I'm a figment of my own imagination!

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 13:14 07 Feb 07

"Sprites"

Now that's a computing term I've not heard in a long time.

Somebody please remind me what it was all about.

Sprites could be near the true, I thought FE stood for Fiendish Elemental.

IClaudio 14:01 07 Feb 07

"Sprites" were used in programming graphics, particularly on the old Atari machines, and possibly the Texas and Amiga ranges.

Essentially, a sprite was an 'object' (usually semi-transparent) which could be independantly moved across a background. Think of a Space Invader game, where the little spaceships would be sprites moving across the screen.

It's been a while since I wrote a book about programming sprites for the Atari*, but they were useful because the program would only need to draw them once, rather than re-plotting all the time, so they were a very efficient use of memory.

For more info click here_(computer_graphics)

*One of a highly-succesful series, long out-of-print!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Samsung Galaxy S8 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Samsung's beautifully designed Galaxy S8 makes for better VR experiences too

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos