F.E. Have you "killed" the idiot?

Diemmess 09:40 19 May 05

Congratulations on a rapid response last night to the idiot vandal.
I hesitate to mention the name in case I establish a link and find I am eternally binned.

What a pointless act to clutter page after page with gibberish.

Don't you ever have time off, or have you an understudy in reserve to keep this invaluable site on track?

p;3 10:35 19 May 05

am not F.E. ::))

but to comment on the happenings; I counted up to at least 6 , and probably more, pages of threads some containing 10 pages of pointless and mostly insulting responses in them ; complete waste of server space and preventing those who wish to deal with computer issues from posting ;

I imagine the person concerned will be unable to access certain sites again..

the variety of computer issues dealt with on this forum fascinates me and it is a shame that folks take it upon themselves to stoop to such unncessary and uncivil behaviour..

MidgetMan 12:22 19 May 05

Damn, been ill and missed all the fun!!

bosmere 12:32 19 May 05

If ignored (s)he'll soon get bored. His/her enjoyment comes from responses to such postings.

A private word to the FE and the postings are zapped, no derived satisfaction, and good riddance.

Well done FE!

Bob The Nob© 13:51 19 May 05

I missed the fun

g0slp 15:49 19 May 05

There seem to be a few trolls inhabiting the boards recently, unfortunately :-((

Diemmess 19:06 19 May 05

Publicity is the "Oxygen" of terrorism so said a one time PM.It is the same with vandals and copycats of low intellect.

There was a flood of rubbish swamping this excellent site. It lasted only minutes thanks to the watchfulness of FE. Further details will only add to the potential risk.........Its over!

octal 19:36 19 May 05

I don't normally comment on this, the reason is that by talking about it like this the idiot knows he/she is made an impact. If you see those type of postings I think its much better to totally ignore them as if they don't exist and let the FE deal with it and not discuss it.

Sorry Diemmess, I'm not rubbishing your thread, but just a bit of Psychology.

p;3 21:53 19 May 05

applying further psychology ; poor F.E. probably got fed up with mails informing him of the situation; several went from me ;ridiculous having 6 if not more pages ; and rather alarming when you are writing a response to a thread , wait until it is posted, then see the forum page and think "what the hell hit that" with all the crazy postings :((

however, back to normality now; whatever that is::))

Technotiger 21:57 19 May 05

It is not fun - just sick.

Al94 22:04 19 May 05

'fraid they're back - God help FE trying to sort this out.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This animated short film tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…