FE-To E-mail or not to E-mail that is the Dilema

Z1100 12:16 17 Nov 06

Hello FE,

I know you are a busy man and I know I tread on your FE Hat a fair bit. But I am young, well in the forum I am if not in reality.

However, I am a bit confuddled now. In "Now here is a nice thought..."

click here

I posted a sentiment from 'a' website. It's a very nice sentiment for this time of year what with the world ripping itself apart and our boys 'over there' and with Christmas coming up. I feel that was a nice little post to provoke some thought in others around here.

I am not too bothered about people seeing the website. It's the best site in the world according to my 'Brother form another Mother' and that is all I need to know.

It was nice someone enquired about the link. Even funny in the manner s/he enquired. Not wishing to be self centred I did not add a link but I did say "e-mail me" if you are that desperate to see the site.

The post is not about clicks on the site it is about family so you may understand why there is no link. Well I hope you do now.

You, in all your wisdom added to the post and I am sure I do not need to remind you but I will quote you all the same, as others may read this far and wonder why I am confuddled...

"Please post a thread in our Webdesign forum. You'll need to include a link to the site - it isn't appropriate to ask people to email you for a url".

On the face of it, that seems fair but only until you click on the 'e-mail' button in a post to be confronted with this contrary warning...

"Warning!
You should only email another forum user when invited to do so,(snip)".

Not only but also, the post is closed or my PC is allergic to it as I cannot add a responce. Hence here I am, asking, which is it?

Invite an e-mail from a forum reply/member as stated on the 'send an e-mail page' which is contrary to what you said?

or

Do not invite the Forum member to e-mail me for the URL in respect of what you said about it being 'inappropriate'?

Kind Regards,
and
Hanx!
K.

HondaMan 12:33 17 Nov 06

I give YOU permission to email me via the envelope

anskyber 12:51 17 Nov 06

click here have a look at forum etiqette, private messages.

Cymro. 13:40 17 Nov 06

I think I should thank you for that anskyber. It is the first time for me to ever actually read the rules. They do seem to get broken quite often though and if I tried I could even find times when the FE has forgotten the rules.

WhiteTruckMan 13:46 17 Nov 06

RHIP

WTM

Cymro. 13:50 17 Nov 06

Very sorry for my ignorance, but could you please explain what RHIP stands for.

I expect it is something obvious.

lisa02 13:54 17 Nov 06

click here Cymro.

Cymro. 14:00 17 Nov 06

Thanks for that. Not as obvious as I thought it would have been, thank goodness, but very true though.

Cymro. 14:03 17 Nov 06

And to think I came on this forum to learn about computers but learn more on speakers corner than I ever did on the computer section.

WhiteTruckMan 14:06 17 Nov 06

Nice link Lisa02. It was the first one I had in mind, but truth to tell I wasnt aware of all those others <g>.

WTM

mammak 14:14 17 Nov 06

Is it this part of the PCAs terms and conditions you are confused about?

Forum email links - when you post a message in a thread a small envelope icon will appear alongside your username. This enables anyone to send you a personal message by email, but it does NOT disclose your email address to them. This can only happen if you reply to their message - so don't do that if you want to remain anonymous. Please don't use the email contact facility indiscriminately - by and large it's best to do it only when invited to do so by another forum user.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the 2017 Oscar-winning VFX of The Jungle Book were created

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…