FE Contact Form Not Working

lotvic 23:01 PM 11 Apr 12

Several of us have been trying to contact you about this SPAM thread but I just get message 'You have errors in your form. Please check and try again'

rdave13 23:02 PM 11 Apr 12

If you're using IE try compatibility mode.

lotvic 23:03 PM 11 Apr 12

I'm using Firefox, and it was okay yesterday.

wiz-king 08:23 AM 12 Apr 12

Seemed to be working yesterday with Win7 and IE9 no error reports.

interzone55 10:23 AM 12 Apr 12

mmm - just tried with Chrome v18, getting a very similar message to the one we had in the early days of the new forum.

lotvic 15:12 PM 12 Apr 12

It seems to work on some threads - just sent one from this thread ok, but the thread I quote in my first post still won't let me contact FE. Very strange.

john bunyan 15:17 PM 12 Apr 12

Duplicate thread : see other one .Seems better today.

lotvic 15:59 PM 12 Apr 12

john bunyan, not strictly a 'duplicate thread' the other one is morddwyd's and is in the Helproom.

This thread (mine) was aimed at FE to read, and it's not better today - for me anyway.

john bunyan 17:29 PM 12 Apr 12

Sorry: I did not mean duplicate in the strict sense of the word. I had exactly the syndrome you describe, and sent an email to FE via the conventional e Mail system. Maybe he is away as he has not yet commented on either thread. Also it looks as if, on this occasion, the item was not spam but one placed in Speakers Corner rather than submitted as a feature for the magazine. I hope the "Contact FE" is sorted soon. JB

lotvic 19:35 PM 12 Apr 12

jb, I did the same, agree must be away for a few days, forum doesn't usually allow that type of posting. Strange how the Contact works on some threads and not on others.

Forum Editor 19:47 PM 12 Apr 12

I'm sorry that some of you have been experiencing problems with the 'contact' link. I've been on the move over the past few days, and what with one thing and another I fell behind with email.

I have received some messages via the link, and some of you have emailed me yourselves - thank you for that. That spam thread is sorted now.

We'll look into the link problem, and I'll get back to you here when I have something to say.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Cyber Monday deals 2015 live blog: Best UK Black Friday weekend deals & best UK Cyber Monday…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The best Black Friday Deals for designers and artists – updated

20 Mac Power User Tricks... That You Didn't Know