Favourite restaurant type

Marko797 14:12 24 Jun 08

We're lucky enough in this multi-cultural British society to have an eclectic choice when it comes to dining out.

Whether it be Chinese, Japanese, Greek, Indian, Mexican, Italian, etc etc, there's something different for everybody, every day of the week...not forgetting, of course, traditional Fish & Chips.

I personally have a passion for Indian food, especially really hot curries (hotter the better), although I am not of Asian origin. I'm white-caucasian, I think the phrase is.

I think I could eat it every day of the week, and not tire of it.

Does anyone else have the same inclination, or are u more Anglicised in your tastes, or even prefer one of the other food types mentioned?

My money's on Indian and, given the high number of said restaurants within UK, I believe we are becoming curryholics as a nation.

€dstowe 14:37 24 Jun 08

New England seafood - soft shell crabs, "steamers" (large clams almost raw opened on a hot barbecue) lobsters. Served with matchstick-thin fries and icy cold beer.

Unfortunately, very rare (even unknown?) in the UK.

sunny staines 14:41 24 Jun 08

thai food and jap food.

edstowe's choice looks good though.

Marko797 14:47 24 Jun 08

agreed. I love seafood...2nd to Indian :)

Clapton is God 14:52 24 Jun 08

There's an excellent Indian restaurant just off The Lanes in Brighton which I've been using for years.

They do an eat-as-much-as-you-want buffet selection of 20 different dishes for £4.95.

Unbeatable value and lovely food. ;-)

Marko797 15:09 24 Jun 08

sounds like heaven & great value, pity it's so far from here.

Wonder if they'd do my favourite dish - lamb tikka jalfrezi phall hot, with pilau rice of course?

Or my 2nd fave, chicken biryani with phall hot vegetable sauce?

wiz-king 15:11 24 Jun 08

Menu written in a language I can understand
enough light to see the food
enough music to deaden the echo but not too much that I have to shout over it
Indian style food or British nosh not fussed

Clapton is God 15:16 24 Jun 08

"Wonder if they'd do my favourite dish - lamb tikka jalfrezi phall hot"

'Fraid not.

It's a vegetarian restaurant - but at £4.95 I'm not complaining and, in any event, it makes a pleasant change to have meat-free meals every now and again.

babybell 16:03 24 Jun 08

There is a restaraunt in Bristol that serves Chinese, Indian, Mexican as well as a couple of others that escape me at the moment but it's brilliant if you go out as a large party, something for everyone!

Mr Mistoffelees 16:16 24 Jun 08

Chinese is my favourite but, just 2 minutes walk from home there is a very good Indian.

Pamy 16:30 24 Jun 08

It has to be a t-bone steak, chips, fried onion rings mushrooms pees and horseradish sause.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac