Favourite pub.

DANZIG 22:25 24 Apr 10

I'm currently sitting in my favourite pub, The Rat and Ratchet in Huddersfield waiting for my other half to finish work.

This pub I have yet to see equalled in service, atmosphere, music and of course ALE. Do any of the rest of you have a favourite watering hole, where is it, and why?

rdave13 22:31 24 Apr 10

Stopped going to a Pub about 2001.
Too expensive then and absolutely over the top now.
No wonder they close in droves when a pint costs over £2.50

ventanas 22:33 24 Apr 10

Anywhere that sells Timmy Taylors.

peter99co 23:19 24 Apr 10

Found a pub called THE NEW INN at Stainforth nr. Doncaster. Best meal I have had for the price for a long time. Good size portions and well presented.

:-( A long way from home though.

morddwyd 08:52 25 Apr 10

Stopped going when the music became overwhelming.

Don't mind someone bashing away on an instrument, or even a live group (without amps) but I drew the line being unable to put the world to rights because of some female wailing away in every corner of the premises, even the lavatory.

Pine Man 08:57 25 Apr 10

The Rovers Return, Coronation Street, Weatherfield.

sunnystaines 09:05 25 Apr 10

many years since i went into a pub as a customer.

Quickbeam 09:08 25 Apr 10

Just to redress morddwyd's negative view of pub music...

There's an old pub in Doncaster, The Leopard, one of those old turn of the century pubs with a glazed ceramic frontage, that got cut off from the main town by a dual carriageway in the '60s redevelopment that blotted many other towns. It was assumed that it would then also be redeveloped into essential carparking (the usual excuse for demolishing interesting buildings worthy of preservation), but it managed to survive. Because it was isolated, it didn't get the usual trouble that goes with town centre pubs, and has since become a nice live music venue for those in the know.

Quickbeam 09:11 25 Apr 10

I should add it's a very loud rock scene, lots of amps, lots of ear numbing riffs, which equals lots of customers.

birdface 09:23 25 Apr 10

The last time I was in Huddersfield It was only a Shilling for a pint of Hammond ale.
I take it yours was just a little more expensive.

DANZIG 09:28 25 Apr 10

A shilling??? Just a touch more.....hahaha!

Another great pub was one I found on the North Norfolk coast. The White Horse at Brancaster Slaithe. Fabulous place, great location, locally sourced food and the best room I've ever stayed in.

Pricy though.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac