Favourite piece of clothing

The Brigadier 17:58 22 May 07

The reason i ask is Mrs B has just made me chuck out my old barbour jacket & it was only 22 years old!
Off to buy another one as soon as i come up to London next.

Forum Editor 18:17 22 May 07

I wouldn't buy a Barbour jacket in London unless I had no other choice - I bought mine in Norfolk for a good deal less than London prices.

Favourite item of clothing? Yes, a pair of cowboy boots that I bought in Texas in 1989. I love them, but my wife doesn't, she says if she wanted a cowboy she would go back and get the one who danced with her when we were in Calgary, and I was too ill with flu to go out with her and my client. His name was Mike (cowboy, not client), and apparently he held her tight.

When I wear my boots I'm taller than Mike,but I don't dance as well, she says.

Stay away from London, Mike, this town ain't big enough, etc.

Cymro. 18:19 22 May 07

Women buy new clothes so as to keep up with fashion, but men, if left to their own devices would only buy new clothes when their old stuff has worn out.

FungusBoggieman 18:20 22 May 07

a pair of fishing sock
warm, snug and soothing.
I eaven wear then at home when its chilly.
no im not sad nither.

laurie53 18:23 22 May 07

22 years old for a Barbour? That's practically brand new; I've got shirts older than that (honest), and they're not even favourites!

Laurie

Kate B 18:27 22 May 07

My pink corset. It's absolutely gorgeous: loads of steel boning, black laces up the back and covered in beautiful pink Chinese-style silk. I love wearing it, though don't get the chance very often.

Woolwell 20:25 22 May 07

Having seen Kate B's post I'm not surprised there hasn't been another comment for a while. How do you follow that?

I was going to say "Tilley Hat". But it now seems irrelevant.

Bingalau 20:44 22 May 07

What in the name of heaven is a "Tilley Hat"? I've heard of a Tilley Lamp but not a Tilley Hat.
My favourite piece of clothing is my Birthday Suit. I hope it sees many more birthdays too.

Bingalau 20:45 22 May 07

You never know which way these threads are going to go do you?

mammak 20:48 22 May 07

This sure wont be as interesting as Kates erm eyes raise :-)

but my favorite is my Levis had them years and feel good in them! bought loads of brands off jeans but my 501s wont get chucked they are tops for comfort.

exdragon 20:51 22 May 07

click here

Here's the Tilley site. Rumour has it one of their hats was eaten by an elephant...retrieved...and replaced by Tilley...

Even comes with an owner's manual - the hat, not jumbo

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…