Fathers day gifts

harps1h 12:50 15 Jun 08

what is the coolest thing you have been given today as a fathers day gift?
for me it a turntable for my mini stereo which allows me to resurrect my old lp's from my teenage years and early 20's. I treated my daughtes to a morning of Eagles live (circa 1980) my original Bat out of Hell LP and a medley of all my memories these evoked.

so gentlemen the floor is open.............

belfman 13:00 15 Jun 08

Nothing, I informed the wife as I do every year I do not want gifts. So the coolest thing I got was a handmade card made by them, and a hug & kiss off each.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 13:43 15 Jun 08

Tom and Jerry on DVD remastered in glorious colour.

Much better than the old video tapes that are about worn out.

Will keep me smiling til next year when they (hopefully) buy me the next episodes.

;0)

SB23 14:11 15 Jun 08

I had a lovely hand made card off my 9 year old son, a card off the other 4, a "Dad" pair of socks, a box of wine gums, and a book by a well known BBC presenter, that I've wanted since before Xmas.

As for listening to some "old music", including The Eagles last week, it was my wife that told me that I was beginning to act my age, the cheek, lol!, and I'm only 41.

Bingalau 14:13 15 Jun 08

Nothing so far.. Never did get the printing inks my daughter promised me for Christmas come to think of it. My wife says I'm not her father, and my two sons are quietly dodging the issue in case I ask for a bottle of Pussers' Rum.

Mike D 15:40 15 Jun 08

I was bought Acronis True Image 11 (full version from Amazon). Unfortunately there was no serial number in the documentation so I am awaiting a response from Acronis. Still a cool present though.

jellyhead 18:38 15 Jun 08

My kids gave me a great book full of wonderful info.
click here

laurie53 18:46 15 Jun 08

I told my son many years ago that unlike Mothering Sunday, Fathers' Day is an entirely commercial enterprise thought up for the consumer society, and if he ever bought me so much as a card I would regard myself as have failed to bring him up sensibly.

So far my upbringing has seemed entirely sensible!

Acx 19:46 15 Jun 08

Enemy Teritory- Quake Wars
Alot cooler than the Simpson's slippers I got last year.

Forum Editor 20:11 15 Jun 08

lives very near the Hanwell locks section of the Grand Union Canal, and she gave the whole family a delicious lunch, followed by a walk along the lock flight. There are six locks which raise the canal by 53 feet in a third of a mile. The flight is a scheduled ancient monument, and walking the stretch is a delight on a summer's day.

We ended a perfect afternoon with a drink in a lovely old pub near the canal. More gifts from my son and youngest daughter, and my wife and I drove home along a (for once) reasonably clear North Circular road.

I'm one contented father this evening - no doubt one among many.

dukeboxhero 20:52 15 Jun 08

Well Bingalau i woke up to a bottle of Black Bottle my favourite tipple,Theres a toast that goes with this whisky
If on my theme i rightly think
There are five reasons why i drink
Good wine
A friend
Because im dry
Or lest i should be by and by
Or any other reason why.
Happy fathers day folks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…