Fathers 4 Justice latest atrocity

Seth Haniel 14:47 01 Oct 07

click here

The tower on top of Glastonbury Tor in Somerset has been covered in purple paint and had graffiti daubed on its flagstones.
The National Trust, which owns and maintains the Tor, said it was "dismayed" after spending more than £500,000 recently on its restoration.

how can anyone support them !!!

Cymro. 14:52 01 Oct 07

Fathers 4 Justice have a very good case and I think that something should be done to address their problems. It is a pity that they will alienate many people with such stunts. The only good thing I can say about it is that at least no one was killed or injured, not this time anyway.

techie4me 14:53 01 Oct 07

Sadly by posting here we are giving these vandals the advertising they so crave.

mymate 15:02 01 Oct 07

I did have a lot of sympathy for Fathers 4 Justice but i dont any more, if they have done this.What on earth were they thinking of ? There is one thing climbing a tower but to put paint on it is crazy .

Cymro. 15:05 01 Oct 07

Seth Haniel thinks this stunt to be an atrocity and techie4me considers it to be vandalism. I suppose it depends on what you consider to be the most important, natural justice or an old building. I know which I would choose.

Bingalau 15:10 01 Oct 07

I'm very sympathetic to the plight of a lot of the fathers who are getting a raw deal from courts which will not enforce the conditions of orders they have given. My son hasn't seen his daughter in the last five years. Neither have I as her grandfather. My then daughter in law just up and left with her boss, a bank manager, whereas my son was only a postman. (Because the grass was greener obviously). Various court orders for access were granted to my son, but no notice was taken of them. The offending pair are now living in Scotland. Not that it matters because we cannot afford to go on paying for solicitors/lawyers as the cost has already been tremendous. I imagine a lot of these fathers have the same problems. But I do not condone some of the things they are doing. I only hope the paint used is not oil based.

Seth Haniel 15:21 01 Oct 07

my life was ruined by the CSA but that is no excuse to go around vandalising property and making a complete ass of ones self -

My daughter is now grown up an I have more contact now as she is free of her mothers influence.

Cymro. 15:25 01 Oct 07

Yes indeed Bingalau.
In our family it is my sun in law who has much the same problem. We may or may not approve of their methods but I for one understand the frustration that they must be feeling, and as I suggested it is when all said and done, just a heap of old stones to the protesters.

Cymro. 15:30 01 Oct 07

Your life was ruined by the CSA not by these protesters. It is for cases just like yours that these people are fighting for a fare deal. They have a good case and as I said justice or a heap of old stones?

Jak_1 15:42 01 Oct 07

just to make a point makes then just as bad as any vandal no matter how unfaily hey have been treaed. I have sympathy with their cause but not their criminal actions.

Cymro. 15:53 01 Oct 07

just to make a point makes then just as bad as any vandal no matter how unfairly hey have been treated. I have sympathy with their cause but not their criminal actions.

Breaking the the law to get justice has a long and honorable history world over. Votes for women, the end of slavery, are just two such causes that come to mind immediately and easily. If people had not broken the law in the past with such justifiable campaigns then the world would be a poorer place today.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…