Farewell Clive - RIP.

Nontek 16:47 PM 07 Nov 12
Answered

Clive Dunn, dies aged 92 ... yet another OLD TROOPER sadly gone. RIP, Dads Army will never be the same again!

Joseph Kerr 18:20 PM 07 Nov 12

They don't like it up 'em, Sir.

kad60 18:26 PM 07 Nov 12

As soon as i read Clive-RIP i imagined it was Clive Dunn and i imagine that he is regaling them (up there ?) about his adventures in the Sudan.Terrific characterisation of an old soldier from a gentleman.

flycatcher1 19:01 PM 07 Nov 12

They don't make 'em like that any more. A tremendous character actor.

I have the Box Set and still get a laugh from the old time comedy show.

My Father-in-Law was a Major in the Home Guard - not at all like Captain Mannering but ....................

Woolwell 19:04 PM 07 Nov 12

It's a tribute to his acting skill that he was one of the younger members of the cast of Dad's Army but played one of the oldest.

Aitchbee 20:00 PM 07 Nov 12
Answer

In real life, Clive was a P.O.W. in Austria, for 4 years, during the war [he worked in the Tank regiment] ... the Beeb played a voice clip from 'Desert Island Discs' from 1971, this afternoon, when Clive was interviewed by Roy Plumley.

Goodbye Clive.

Al94 20:30 PM 07 Nov 12
  Nontek 20:47 PM 07 Nov 12

A194

I had not seen/heard that before - Thanks for the clip!

finerty 23:22 PM 08 Nov 12

One of the most inspirational people of a generation. Greatly missed but a very funny man, Grandad and a man with a lot of fun. reache out to many and will be missed, many will know him by his shows

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Sony Xperia Z5 launch live: Sony Xperia Z5 live video stream from IFA 2015 - watch…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Nvidia GRID 2.0 launch boosts virtualised graphics workflows

Apple's special event invitations decoded: A look back at 13 of Apple's most cryptic invites