Farewell Clive - RIP.

Nontek 16:47 07 Nov 12
Answered

Clive Dunn, dies aged 92 ... yet another OLD TROOPER sadly gone. RIP, Dads Army will never be the same again!

Joseph Kerr 18:20 07 Nov 12

They don't like it up 'em, Sir.

kad60 18:26 07 Nov 12

As soon as i read Clive-RIP i imagined it was Clive Dunn and i imagine that he is regaling them (up there ?) about his adventures in the Sudan.Terrific characterisation of an old soldier from a gentleman.

flycatcher1 19:01 07 Nov 12

They don't make 'em like that any more. A tremendous character actor.

I have the Box Set and still get a laugh from the old time comedy show.

My Father-in-Law was a Major in the Home Guard - not at all like Captain Mannering but ....................

Woolwell 19:04 07 Nov 12

It's a tribute to his acting skill that he was one of the younger members of the cast of Dad's Army but played one of the oldest.

Aitchbee 20:00 07 Nov 12
Answer

In real life, Clive was a P.O.W. in Austria, for 4 years, during the war [he worked in the Tank regiment] ... the Beeb played a voice clip from 'Desert Island Discs' from 1971, this afternoon, when Clive was interviewed by Roy Plumley.

Goodbye Clive.

Al94 20:30 07 Nov 12
  Nontek 20:47 07 Nov 12

A194

I had not seen/heard that before - Thanks for the clip!

finerty 23:22 08 Nov 12

One of the most inspirational people of a generation. Greatly missed but a very funny man, Grandad and a man with a lot of fun. reache out to many and will be missed, many will know him by his shows

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…