Fancy reviewing your tech products?

paul trotter 11:33 17 Jul 07

We've rejigged the Reviews section on pcadvisor.co.uk - with a new layout and a new 'user review' section at the bottom of each review. So let us know your thoughts (good and bad) on the technology products you've bought.

Just click on any article in the Reviews section, scroll down and you'll see the 'add your own review' area.

Plus, do you have any comments and suggestions about the new Reviews section?

Paul Trotter, Editor.

Seth Haniel 11:50 17 Jul 07

that have already been reviewed?? !!!

or will there be a section to review what has not been reviewed ;)

spuds 11:51 17 Jul 07

Looks impressive. At least the reviews should now have a more personal and public touch about them.But I think that I may have noticed support, before and aftercare missing, from the star ratings.

paul trotter 12:11 17 Jul 07

Actually, we have discussed allowing you to review products that we've not looked at. It's possible in the future - our aim is to cover as many products as possible!

Kate B 12:14 17 Jul 07

Two things on this: first, whose is the copyright of any reviews a forum member posts? I presume it's PCA's, which shouldn't be an issue for most, but you should be aware of it.

Second, if you're going to get forum members to generate fresh reviews of new gadgets, will you be paying for them? Sorry to sound a bore, but I'm a professional journalist who writes about technology, and while I know there would be some excellent reviews from the folk here, getting people, especially non-journalists, to do reviews for free is something the NUJ frowns on - you should pay people for that kind of thing whether they're professional journalists or not.

Confab 12:27 17 Jul 07

Strengths limited to 200 characters)
Weaknesses (limited to 200 characters)
Overall evaluation (limited to 400 characters)

Maybe it should have been called a comment section. Hardy NUJ stuff!

Confab

Kate B 12:45 17 Jul 07

Small but perfectly formed gems, Confab, obviously!

Forum Editor 16:01 17 Jul 07

"Maybe it should have been called a comment section. Hardy NUJ stuff!"

Exactly. What we're after are your personal comments - no need to be a union member, or to worry about the boys coming round to break your door down. This is an informal feedback-gathering facility.

paul trotter 16:19 17 Jul 07

I don’t think we’re quite at the stage where we should call in the NUJ – we’re looking at various ways to improve the site, but none of them involves us taking a back seat in the reviews procedure.

We want to encourage as much comment from readers as possible – not full reviews – and we regularly discuss new ways to get forum members involved. It’s a bit premature to read too much into future plans at this stage.

Kate B 16:45 17 Jul 07

thanks for clarifying - comment I think is great and definitely worth having, but I for one would baulk if you were thinking of commissioning non-journalists to do reviews for free.

Forum Editor 17:01 17 Jul 07

"commissioning non-journalists to do reviews for free."

Perish the thought.

You and I would have to picket the PCA offices in the pouring rain, and I don't do pouring rain.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How VR is being used to simulate space

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now