Fancy a LEGO external hard drive?

Totally-braindead 21:41 19 Jan 06

I was just looking for a hard drive enclosure for another thread and found this click here Apart from the price. I have to say the designer.... No on second thoughts I'd better not say it, there are children on this Forum. Is there anyone on the Forum, over the age of 12 years of course that would actually but this?

Totally-braindead 21:42 19 Jan 06

Meant to say "buy this" not "but this", sorry but you know what I meant.

stalion 21:52 19 Jan 06

can't see anything wrong with the specifications and lacie are a good make I am sure this will appeal to people that want something different in design

Totally-braindead 22:05 19 Jan 06

Appreciate the input stalion, I have no problem with lacie as a make at all, its just what it looks like. Be honest now. I have no idea what your system at home looks like but would you really want that plonked down next to it?

stalion 22:09 19 Jan 06

no I would not consider buying it personally but I can see it's possible appeal to people that want something out of the ordinary.It would certainly be a topic of conversation if you had one

ade.h 22:11 19 Jan 06

I used to love Lego when I was a boy, but I think I'm probably too old for it now! It would go nicely next to a Lego PC though...

Totally-braindead 22:22 19 Jan 06

The LEGO PC now theres a thought. Think how easy it would be to upgrade!
Yes I suppose it would be a talking point once the laughing died down. I'm sure its a good quality item and works well but the so called design of it...
Imagine if you had kids that had LEGO, imagine what they would do to it.

ade.h 22:28 19 Jan 06

You'd leave the PC in your study in the morning, and come back in the evening to find a spaceship sitting there instaed! "How am I supposed to get my emails on that?!"

SG Atlantis® 22:42 19 Jan 06

click here

one wee visit to google.

But yeah I could see the appeal to retro gamers, look at all the Nintendo stuff recently made to look like their old 90's systems. There's a market and I think it's cool.

Forum Editor 22:54 19 Jan 06

this product shouldn't do well. I visit plenty of offices where such an item would fit in very well with the decor and/or general ambience.

ade.h 23:10 19 Jan 06

I assume you mean offices that are funky, modern, a bit different...

Not actually made of Lego....

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from WannaCry?

Disney layout supervisor Rob Dressel on the challenges of visualising Moana

Siri vs Google Assistant