Factory infected hardware

WhiteTruckMan 01:16 15 Mar 08

click here

Scary. I wonder just how wide spread this sort of thing is?

WTM

jack 08:44 15 Mar 08

Not Very
The link was reset whilst loading

or

Very every body is looking in ;-}

Now what have you done?
I may have to go do something useful now

Like vacuuming the Lounge - got folk coming you know.

rawprawn 15:19 15 Mar 08

I think you are right it is scary, I have lost count of the number of digital gizmo's that have been plugged into my computer, it only takes one!

WhiteTruckMan 15:24 15 Mar 08

and anyone else who might have had trouble with the link I posted, these two paragraphs sum it up

"Gadgets such as iPods, digital picture frames and navigation systems could be infected with viruses installed in the factory because of lax quality control, industry consultants say.

Experts believe the problem stems from lax quality control, often in Chinese factories that are trying to keep costs low, through workers who plug an infected device into a factory computer used for testing."

WTM

jack 14:14 16 Mar 08

Sunday
Thank you WRM
Took another attempt to open the link
Still 'Reset'
Will take your word for it.

wiz-king 15:15 16 Mar 08

My last computer was infected from the start - it came with Windows .*grin*

john bunyan 15:31 16 Mar 08

I cant be sure but my granddaughter downloaded some mp3 files from an ipod and I wonder if a trojan I got could have come via that route - I only ever buy tunes from iTunes but cannot be sure of the origin of some of the stuff she had on the iPod . Now fully disinfected (FFI)!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…