Facebook-how safe?

bretsky 22:22 24 Oct 07

Having suffered an attempt of my credit card being used unsuccessfully online I am very reluctant to join this social networking site after watching click here tonight.

Does anybody use Facebook or myspace? and if you do what tips can you give to reassure me with security issues.

Many thanx

bretsky ;0)

Forum Editor 22:56 24 Oct 07

what I had to say about Facebook last month

click here

bretsky 23:19 24 Oct 07

Thanx Peter, ummmm makes interesting reading.

Anybody else use these sites?

bretsky ;0)

45 Mart 00:11 25 Oct 07

Use Facebook.

Common sense is the main thing. Don't put anything onto the site that you wouldn't shout out at the top of your voice in a crowded street.

45 Mart 00:12 25 Oct 07

Ooops.
Sorry, meant to start with "I use Facebook", wasn't goiving an order.

bretsky 00:23 25 Oct 07

Yes, I suppose that's the key word isn't it, common sense.

bretsky ;0)

simonjary 07:19 25 Oct 07

Most of the staff at PC Advisor are on Facebook, and it's just a matter of being sensible with what data you include and who you allow to see it.

Here's some security tips:
click here

bretsky 10:57 25 Oct 07

Thanx for your input people, have to dash out now, will expand a bit later on.

bretsky ;0)

wiz-king 14:13 25 Oct 07

Now Microsoft have/are buying a stake in it the BSOD will make it secure against all odds :<)

SB23 15:42 25 Oct 07

The article on BBC TV last night, just basically confirmed what I've told all my kids. Don't ever register with sites like that!

I must also add, that 4 of them watched it with me last night, and seemed to understand the possible implications of what could happen.

Lets just hope they remember.

bretsky 15:32 03 Dec 07

Sorry I haven't replied earlier peeps, but reading the above and more and more stories of ID fraud in the news, I will remain "Billy no mates"..lol.... for the time being, thanx anyway for your views and advice.

bretsky ;0)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now