F1 Split?

ened 07:03 19 Jun 09

At last some decisive action.

click here

As spectators we might be in for the treat of two seperate series next year.

That is if the original can hold onto it's sponsors!

carver 07:16 19 Jun 09

This is what happens when you have one person thinking he is God and he can dictate to the rest of the world.

ened 07:21 19 Jun 09

I agree entirely.

It would have been best for all concerned if he had gone after he was exposed last year.

But some good might come out of it.

interzone55 09:01 19 Jun 09

I'm not sure how good a series that consists only of 2 Williams cars and 2 Force India cars will be. I have a feeling that either they'll join the other FOTA teams or FIA will back down - there's too much TV and sponsorship money at stake for the Max and Bernie show to fail...

natdoor 09:08 19 Jun 09

We would be better off without any motor racing.

Monument 09:14 19 Jun 09

whys that?

It is a sport enjoyed by millions of people all over the world. It has thousands of competitors and gives jobs and security to thousands of people.

ened 09:14 19 Jun 09

Personally I am hoping this does go ahead.,

If for no other reason than we might get a British race at Silverstone!

This is from the FOTA statement:

"This series will have transparent governance, one set of regulations, encourage more entrants and listen to the wishes of the fans, including offering lower prices for spectators worldwide, partners and other important stakeholders,"

The present situation seems to have ,moved away from it's roots, and Ecclestone is only interested in ££££.

As I said: maybe some good will come out of this!

ened 09:16 19 Jun 09

I notice, from the picture that Ron Dennis is involved again.

I wonder if that is significant?

Strawballs 09:59 19 Jun 09

About time

OTT_Buzzard 10:08 19 Jun 09

I'm split on this. I'm not a fan of Bernie but he does seem to have done a good job of promoting F1 over the years. But on the other hand it's that level of promotion (and teh £££ that it generates)that has resulted in this situation occurring.

I don't think there's space for another top level race series and I can't see how they will get the big venues to hold the events. I can't imagine, say Monaco, shutting the city down twice a year!!

On the bright side, it may give Silverstone a chance to continue running!

Noldi 11:07 19 Jun 09

"I notice, from the picture that Ron Dennis is involved again".

no hes not involved its a old picture,

"I don't think there's space for another top level race series and I can't see how they will get the big venues to hold the events. I can't imagine, say Monaco, shutting the city down twice a year!!"

OTT_Buzzard

Canada and a few others Silverstone, Imola, Hockenheim, Indy and may be even Kialami will be back on, as for Monaco I think that will have to change if they want the big boats etc that max criticized.

"It is a sport enjoyed by millions of people all over the world. It has thousands of competitors and gives jobs and security to thousands of people".

Some people dont realise how big Motorsport is in England regarding Jobs and money into the economy.

Noldi

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…