F1 ,,,,, non-race

wiz-king 08:45 19 Apr 09

How can starting and running behind the safety car be racing?
Another farcical 'race'.

Quickbeam 09:03 19 Apr 09

They don't seem to be assessing the regional weather conditions to accurately do they?

Quickbeam 10:41 19 Apr 09

But will they revert to local afternoon race times next year I wonder?

Zaphod 3 11:01 19 Apr 09

Don't forget that McLaren, who came in 5th and 6th are a British team too.

At least, when I left Woking this morning to go to work I had no passport checks to go through.

Stuartli 13:19 19 Apr 09

Seemed to end OK.

Drivers don't "race" behind the safety car, only maintain the race position they were in when the safety car was called out.

>>But will they revert to local afternoon race times next year I wonder?>>

It may come as a surprise to know that afternoon times are different depending in which part of the world you live...:-)

OTT_Buzzard 13:38 19 Apr 09

It may come as a surprise to know that afternoon times are different depending in which part of the world you live...:-)

Very true, but no matter where you live, it's still more likely to rain in the late afternoon / evening (well, that's what the theory is anyway!)

ened 14:04 19 Apr 09

"i've missed the ritual of waking in the early hours to see the first few races, it's part of the fun."

I have found 05:00 to be quite early enough, although we are thinking about getting up really early on May 1 to travel to Oxford for the MayDay celebrations - I haven't done that since I was a student over thirty years ago.

F1 is aimed at a global audience so, presumably, somewhere in the world people are going to be slightly inconvenienced iof they want to watch it live.

AL47 15:05 19 Apr 09

read on autosport ferrari may switch to 2010 car as early as 2 or 3 races :O

i hate that teas can do this

ened 15:25 19 Apr 09

I was going to say that would be a dodgy thing to do because they have not had testing time. I was going to say it but I don't think things could be much worse for them at the moment.

Interesting that they have been criticising Ross Brawn and calling him arrogant.

Without his participation they may very well still be in the rut they were in in the late nineties!

I wonder why he left them? Was it because he wanted a new challenge or could it have been something to do with their approach?

Strawballs 22:55 19 Apr 09

As stated on other post Started behind safety car to avoid carnage in first corner, it did impede Alonso because it negated his strategy of starting on a light fuel load

peter99co 11:26 20 Apr 09

I have been watching the BBC highlights only for the last two races. As long as I can avoid the news of the winner beforehand.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…