Eye strain

spikeychris 18:22 24 Oct 04

I mainly use a laptop and I have the brightness set on the floor. However I still suffer with eyestrain, the default settings in Word are black text on a ultra white page and most websites are the same. I know PCA isn't set at the same neon levels but how about a radical more relaxed feel to the pages as a trial for a while.

Accessibility is obviously an issue but what do you think?

spuds 19:51 24 Oct 04

Usefull Information click here

Chris the Ancient 21:33 24 Oct 04

I rather like that pale grey background that is in the bar at the top for Registered Users Area. It's a little less harsh on my poor weak eyes. (No comment necessary!)

My own email stationery uses the pale blue 'cloudy' sort of background with Comic Sans typeface in dark purple. Now that is relaxing.

Pity there ain't a software package that you can download that does that for internet pages rather like ieSpell can do things for your pages!

You're lucky that you've got a bright laptop. Mine's like me - a little on the dim side - which makes it hard to use in the car when I'm out and about.

CtA

spikeychris 22:29 24 Oct 04

I agree, I also like the pale grey....

VoG II 22:46 24 Oct 04

In Firefox?

VoG II 23:05 24 Oct 04

Doesn't seem to make any difference. Have to wait for next month's reboot.

Forum Editor 23:43 24 Oct 04

Take the tick out of 'use system colours' and then tick 'always use my ...colours'.

Bear in mind that this is an artificial imposition - the background isn't being set by the HTML - so you'll lose some of the page layout details on many sites. Try it on this site to see what I mean.

powerless 23:49 24 Oct 04

The colours are fine for me.

spikeychris 10:23 25 Oct 04

I've tried that in the past but it changes all websites, sites that I have set up in specific colours. Its a good option if you want just one shade for everything but I don't.

spikeychris 12:18 25 Oct 04

I don't use Firefox and yeah there are numerous ways of correcting specific sites. I might be in the minority but I fancied a change in the look of the site......

stalion 20:21 25 Oct 04

always found the colour scheme ok on this forum also no change here please

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Xiaomi Mi5s review: The Xiaomi flagship that could replace your Samsung, LG, HTC or Apple phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Mental Canvas is a brand new drawing app that's quite unlike any other

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's super-expensive new…