extra costs

citadel 19:56 16 May 05

I recently bought a new printer, when I got home and began to install it I found there was no usb cable. I had to go back to the shop and buy one the next day. It would be better if makers could include such things in the box even if this puts the price up.

VoG II 20:07 16 May 05

This has been an issue since time immemorial I'm afraid.

If you buy a replacement printer you don't want to fork out for an un-needed cable.

abbott8 20:08 16 May 05

I agree, but once you have got one, you have got one. a lead with every printer would be handy if you have more than one printer, ie; one for photos and a MFD for day to day work or even a laser for office work.

spuds 20:15 16 May 05

You will find that on the printer box contents list, it usually states if cables are supplied or not.Best to check before you leave the store/shop, saves a return journey.I buy a stock of cheap priced cables from the likes of eBuyer as a reserve, helps to keep the delivery costs down, if purchased at the same time as other items.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…