The evolution of the human race

cream. 17:01 05 May 14
Answered

from my minor scientific study, this afternoon. I believe we will evolve with a third eye.

In some Greek and Roman mythology, there was a race of Cyclops. One eyed primordial race of giants.

As we all know, the majority of the human race has two working eyes. The third eye would be useful for seeing where the human is going as the other two eyes always seem to fixed on some electronic mobile device. aka texting mobile phone.

What essential state of evolution do you think the human race needs to evolve into to survive?

wee eddie 17:31 05 May 14

Teachers already have one

bumpkin 17:40 05 May 14

Extra fingers would be handy for texting.

bumpkin 17:44 05 May 14

Some extra ears perhaps for those that can only use 2 mobile phones at one time.

wiz-king 17:55 05 May 14

The two eye problem will soon be solved - Google glasses + augmented reality to tell you that the lamp-post will attack you if you keep walking in the same direction or 100 year old trees suddenly move to attack cars for no reason.

Aitchbee 18:01 05 May 14

I think it's so fortuitous that we humans have evolved the ability to actually picture 'remembered images' in our mind's eye ... total recall.

carver 18:02 05 May 14

I realy do believe that we need some form of liquid intake in one of our fingers, no honestly then my wife and daughter would not have to stop giving advice just because they needed to have a drink.

Forum Editor 19:00 05 May 14

I can see no evolutionary reason why our species would need a third eye. The changes necessary to evolve one would be enormous and complex, and if we don't need one it will not evolve.

Evolution will go in the direction it needs to, in order to adapt us to changes in our environment. Such changes are slow, because environmental changes tend to take place over relatively long periods. We can handle more rapid changes by creating artificial aids to survival, like warmer houses if our climate gets colder, for instance. Other species aren't so fortunate, and if rapid changes occur they are at greater risk of extinction.

We can eat pretty well anythingm, and we can adapt to all kinds of situations, so we're much luckier, if that's the word.

Forget about third eyes - it's not going to happen.

bumpkin 19:40 05 May 14
Answer

I was of the opinion that OP was intended to be lighthearted.

Mr Mistoffelees 20:32 05 May 14

Changes that I believe would be very environmently friendly would, I think, be growing two more legs, whilst keeping our arms as they are together with much larger lungs and heart. Then we would be able run faster over long distances, thus removing the need to use cars as much.

mbc 09:21 06 May 14

I always imagined that we would evolve into Daleks. My recurring nightmare is that the FE has evolved into Davros, screaming 'exterminate-exterminate' if I posted something naughty. ;)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5