Everyone likes a happy ending

peter99co 12:50 06 Jan 11

click here

The England cricket team cordially requests your presence at a special party.

Could not put it better myself.

Quickbeam 13:06 06 Jan 11

This team has broken loads of records will become the best postwar team and the standard for the next generation to aspire to.

I wonder... will they all be getting peerages seeing as they've done better than than the 2005 team?

spuds 13:07 06 Jan 11

Ticket sales must be down, and I bet its by selective invitation only ;o))

GANDALF <|:-)> 13:30 06 Jan 11

'I wonder... will they all be getting peerages seeing as they've done better than than the 2005 team?'..their less than stellar performances over the last few years may put paid to any awards...and why should they get a peerage for belting a bit of leather about when and I'm going out on a limb here, that is what they are employed/paid for?

G

jakimo 13:37 06 Jan 11

wouldn't be surprised about a peerage,but hasn't most awards been dumbed down?

Quickbeam 13:40 06 Jan 11

Well they all got awards like confetti last time, so surely nothing less than an earldom will now befit the captain...

uk-wizard 13:59 06 Jan 11

Nah - at least the Order of the British Empire for the team and Order of St George the Triumphant for the captain.

peter99co 23:30 06 Jan 11

11.28 Rain stops play.

Forum Editor 23:54 06 Jan 11

that the government doesn't make a laughing stock of us all by awarding honours to cricket players, just because they won a few matches. It would be an insult to all the people who have worked hard for years in less glamorous fields without any thought of receiving an honour.

I'm with GANDALF <|:-)> on this.

Quickbeam 08:29 07 Jan 11

click here

After the 2005 win I hoped that the rapturous praise that they received might just jip up the England football team into winning mode... I wont waste any wonderment this time.

morddwyd 08:40 07 Jan 11

Oh No!

That means we will be getting it rehashed for the next 50 years like the World Cup.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5