Everton Win Trophy

Bingalau 22:40 28 Feb 08

Actually it is Everton Ladies who beat Arsenal Ladies tonight in a good game.. I watched it and enjoyed it. Sky should put more women's football on the box.

Macscouse 23:23 28 Feb 08

The big girls have done well, and the big girls blouses aren't doing too bad for a change-4th in the league, they'll be getting nose bleeds being that high up.

Forum Editor 23:26 28 Feb 08

womens football was very popular in this country, and womens matches drew huge crowds.

Some people say that the FA put paid to it because it was becoming far too popular - to the detriment of some of the mens' matches.

Stuartli 00:12 29 Feb 08

That's the first time Arsenal Ladies have been beaten, as far as I'm aware, for some considerable time.

I used to manage a women's football team in the 1970s - the skill levels displayed often proved surprising good, whilst the centre half (a policewoman) was strong enough to become the UK's women's police javelin champion.

Mind you, as an Everton supporter, I expected nothing less tonight....:-)

Bingalau 11:11 29 Feb 08

Macscouse. I take it you are an exiled Liverpool supporter then?

Stuartli 12:03 29 Feb 08

You may be thinking of the famous Dick Kerr's women's team, which was based in Preston.

My wife has a friend who used to play in the the team (quite some time ago now!). See:

click here

Bingalau 18:03 29 Feb 08

Not a mention in the daily papers about Everton Ladies' feat though I notice.

Stuartli 19:20 29 Feb 08

Daily Mail covered it, including a photo:

click here

Bingalau 20:30 29 Feb 08

Stuartli. Must have missed the mail in my browsing this morning... Hope the men's team can copy their result.

Macscouse 23:27 29 Feb 08

Born off Sleepers Hill, five minutes walk from each ground. Dad a merchant seaman, so uncle used to take me to Goodison, but when I joined St Johns ambulance, I was sent to Anfield, and although Liverpool were then in the second division, I liked their style of playing. Hooked from then on. Spent 13 years as a referee whilst in the army, and refereed all over Europe.Put off football by the professionalism, now watch rugby league. Smashing game tonight, Leeds and Melbourne, no quarter asked or given.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…