Ever suffered from paraesthesia?

TopCat® 19:27 12 Jul 07

That's 'pins and needles' to you and me. I've long held some general thoughts on its cause but it's nice to see the larger picture, as explained here. TC.

click here

TopCat® 19:30 12 Jul 07
  laurie53 19:35 12 Jul 07

It is also a common side effect of several drugs (personal experience, not medical expertise!).

I wake up with it most mornings.

mrwoowoo 23:36 12 Jul 07

I often wake up in the morning with my arm above my head feeling like a lump of dead meat.I have to lift it,and place it by my side and wait for it to become mine again.

Stuartli 00:09 13 Jul 07

It's usually due to circulation (or lack of it) - perhaps by lying in a particular position for too long.

wolfie3000 00:56 13 Jul 07

Try playing pc games for 8 hours then you know about pins and needles lol

spuds 14:09 13 Jul 07

It can also occur due to spine and lower back problems, either caused by wear and tear or accidental means, and/or trapped nerves in those regions.

There are medical tests that can be conducted. Needles are inserting into the body at various points,and the bodies 'electric' impulses are recorded.

Sometimes an operation can cure the problem ( not always successful), or major strength pain-killers which will ease but not cure the symptoms.Initially, if you complaint of tingling sensations or pins and needles, the GP may require a blood test to check for diabetes.

TopCat® 14:40 13 Jul 07

My wife is a diabetic and has advanced rheumatoid arthritis. She regularly gets painful paraesthesia in her feet and tells me this is listed as a 'possible' side-effect of one or two of the drugs she takes regularly. I usually massage her legs to aid circulation and, on some occasions, this certainly helps her. TC.

postie24 14:58 13 Jul 07

I have a prolapsed disc which is crushing the sciatic nerve.
Symptoms i have are a numb lower leg and pins and needles in foot.
Awaiting an op,after that no more pins and needles,i hope :))

Stuartli 15:39 13 Jul 07

You have my sympathy. I have sciatica (probably due to lifting some heavy flagstones many years ago) and it comes and goes (mostly comes)...:-)

postie24 15:49 13 Jul 07

Thanks,
I had an mri scan last week to confirm the prolapsed disc.
Ive had sciatica for a number of years,but the only decided to get it sorted since the latest symptoms arrised,numbness,pins and needles.
Have you ever had treatment for it?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Animator Emanuele Kabu’s psychedelic video is a stunning tribute to Lisbon city

Best Mac antivirus 2017