Ever been conned to drink more?

TopCat® 14:35 28 Jan 11

The booze industry and its outlets have quite a few ways ways of inducing people to drink more than normally. These tactics, and others not mentioned here, help maintain our £37 billion annual spend on alcohol. TC. click here

peter99co 14:47 28 Jan 11

To quick for me. Mine closed ;o)

interzone55 14:54 28 Jan 11

I agree with one of the comments at the end of the piece - if you don't want to drink more, you won't.

Personally I prefer to drink in quiet places where we can talk, never been much of a clubber, and pubs with loud music and equally loud people just give me a headache

spuds 17:38 28 Jan 11

JD Weatherspoon seems to have the right ideas, in perhaps catering for the local market and trends?.

Bit like turning the clock back, by servicing the publics wants and needs, instead of marketing something that eventually ruins a pub or club.

sunnystaines 18:50 28 Jan 11

we have a JD Weatherspoon pub in staines with large clear glass windows, when we walk past all you see are sad old saps with their pint sitting alone at each table.

the place looks like gods waiting room.

jakimo 19:15 28 Jan 11

The drinkers I see on Friday and Saturdays don't need any enticing,just one whiff of a barmaids apron and they cant get it down their necks(the booze that is) quick enough

Armchair 19:39 28 Jan 11

No, because I drink bottles of wine bought from supermarkets.

jakimo 19:48 28 Jan 11

'No, because I drink bottles of wine bought from supermarkets'

So are you admitting that you are so weak willed that you have fallen under the spell of the advertisers (you glutton)

Armchair 19:52 28 Jan 11

that you have fallen under the spell of the advertisers (you glutton)

What the heck you talking about?!

morddwyd 20:55 28 Jan 11

I thought it was just salted peanuts and crisps that they used!

DANZIG 23:44 28 Jan 11

Theres a JD Wetherspoons in York, in fact there's no doubt more than one, and the Mrs and I go in there for breakfast when we stay at the pub over the road for the night.

Incidentally, thats a GREAT place - its The Mason's Arms - can't recommend it enough.

Anyway, we generally get there at about half 9 in the morning and its ALWAYS half full of old geezers necking cheap ale. At HALF 9 in the morning!!

Crazy, I like my ale - but thats ridiculous!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac