Europe Win The Ryder Cup

mikef. 17:15 24 Sep 06

Had a fantastic afternoon watching us thrash the Americans 18½-9½, and what a fantastic support by the spectators

anskyber 17:44 24 Sep 06

Win? They did not win, they just walked away with it.

egapup 19:05 24 Sep 06

Golf....the most boring game ever.

Fred the flour grader 20:03 24 Sep 06

egapup,

obviously never hit a 7iron into the green from the rough.......or smacked a drive straight down the middle of the fairway!!!!
I always find it a bit sad when someone writes off something they have never tried in their life.
I have always been glued to golf on the telly but, never thought I could play it. I took it up 2 years ago and find it the most addictive game in the world......now just off to watch the ryder cup highlights on the beeb....Fred.

niknax 21:28 24 Sep 06

i have to agree fred...it is the most addictive game in the world, and im totally hooked, similar feeling to when i first pressed the on button on a pc

mikef. 21:29 24 Sep 06

Well said Fred, I play to a pretty high standard, but can only dream of playing like those to day.

Why can't people enjoy a great win without a dig

Bingalau 21:46 24 Sep 06

I started playing golf about five years ago at the age of 71. The reason I started was not because I fancied myself at it, but because I thought it would be a good means of exercising. Now I enjoy walking around the course and hitting that little ball to get rid of my pent up energy etc. I have an ambition to get below 28 with my handicap but have only been near doing so about twice. I don't expect ever to do so now. But that doesn't stop me enjoying the game. Now I also go "Line Dancing" for the same reason i.e. to keep fit. I thoroughly recommend line dance to anyone who is my age and needs to exercise. It is also great fun, as is golf. Another plus is that you meet so many nice people in both of these pastimes. ..Bingalau..

WhiteTruckMan 22:01 24 Sep 06

good to participate, but a bit boring as a spectator.

WTM

egapup 08:30 25 Sep 06

I have tried it...waste of a good walk.

Cymro. 10:16 25 Sep 06

Golf is hardly a spectator sport, you can`t even see the ball half the time. The best thing about it is the 19th hole.

Strawballs 12:36 25 Sep 06

Not interested in Golf but it is good to thrash the Yanks at anything!!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…