The EU Referendum Impartial Advice To Voters

Quickbeam 07:37 19 Mar 16

Where is it...?

There's plenty of biased advice without any substance being flung around by whoever wants to push there own political agenda on the back of it.

But where are the hour long TV shows fronted by truly independent advisers that can say if we leave, this will happen, fact. If we stay this is 90% probability. This is the best/worst case scenario of in/out. This is the best expert opinion of various independent economists.

This is what I'm waiting for, but I see no sign of any kind of unbiased influence.

I know what Boris's agenda is, I know what Corbyn's agenda is, I know what Cameron's agenda is. Where are the experts that can see between the lines of self promotion?

Quickbeam 08:23 19 Mar 16

No, I disagree. What I'm looking for is a presentation that's even sided. Not a Question Time type programme that has either side just spouting the party line.

5Live started with a couple of pundits the week that the referendum was announced. That could easily be made into a daily 10 minutes of listeners questions answered with fact, or an honest don't know if that's the case. An honest 'don't know' is still a valuable answer.

Pine Man 10:54 19 Mar 16

I agree with QB but I'm not sure whether or not such a thing truly exists.

I was happy with the views of the Governor of the Bank of England being made public. A man who I would have thought was impartial as a financial expert but the politicians seem to disagree.

I have a sneaking feeling that most people had already made up their minds before the referendum was announced and most of them will now disregard anything that doesn't suit their argument.

It is quite lively in my own household at the moment as my wife and I have completely different views on the issue apart from the view that we would like expert impartial advice, which we might take notice of;-)

Quickbeam 14:00 19 Mar 16

"Whatever 'impartial advice' they give will always be tainted by that leaning."

True, but what I mean is not blatantly biased opinion which is all any political person is going to give.

I want facts or knowledgeable analysis of in versus out scenarios.

Quickbeam 14:05 19 Mar 16

How will it affect pension plans? Will the cost of living rise? What security of employment will there be? How will benefit/hinder effect the affluent south Vs the inaffluent north?

So many questions that we need answering and both the major parties are on the verge of leadership challenges and party splits...

Quickbeam 14:28 19 Mar 16

In which case everyone's advice ought to be to stay with what we have!

We can complain and moan for a few more decades with what we have...

Quickbeam 14:32 19 Mar 16

But reasonably independent analysts can come up with possible scenarios for what agreements could we could be expected to arrange.

lotvic 19:33 19 Mar 16

QB, I'm also waiting, in vain apparently, for some info in order to make an informed decision on IN or OUT. Might as well toss a coin at the moment.

Quickbeam 07:23 20 Mar 16

I disagree with you again spider9-2,

You advocated the uncertain spinning a coin, lotvic suggests the much more universally accepted as reliable, tossing of a coin...

lotvic 13:29 20 Mar 16

Boris, Corbyn, Cameron

As money might be in short supply - perhaps I could try rock-paper-scissors, best out of 3 anyone?

john bunyan 14:13 20 Mar 16

The problem may be that the vast majority of voters may be unable or unwilling to examine the pros and cons of BREXIT. My concern is that if the turnout is poor, we could be making a very important decision based on a small proportion of the electorate. If ever there were a case for "compulsory" voting, as in Australia, this is it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…