The EU: In/Out...

Quickbeam 10:29 AM 08 May 13
Answered

and shake it all about!

Well Nigel's certainly shaken things up on the EU membership debate!

It's about time a big name said something from above the parapet about the EU instead of Chinese whispers...

Quickbeam 10:30 AM 08 May 13

The link I intended.

Bing.alau 10:42 AM 08 May 13

I'm all for coming out (Shut it Brumas).

Brumas 10:47 AM 08 May 13

Bing.alau go tell it to the marines, they must have known how to keep a secret ;o}}

michaelw 11:02 AM 08 May 13

Definately out. The sooner the better. The Eurozone is steadily imploding and I'd rather the UK didn't go down the plughole with it.

Quickbeam 12:25 PM 08 May 13

I think Nigel Lawson's opinion will have a dramatic effect on all of the 'Ooo better not rock the boat, my boss says it will be disastrous, better not to have an opinion on what I'm not qualified to be opinionated on, ah but we're in it, so best to stay in' lot.

Mr Mistoffelees 12:46 PM 08 May 13

"The Eurozone is steadily imploding and I'd rather the UK didn't go down the plughole with it."

Whether we are in or out, if our major trading partners are in trouble it will have an adverse effect on our economy.

Quickbeam 13:00 PM 08 May 13

If our major trading partners are in trouble it will have an adverse effect on our economy, whether we are in or out.

To look at it from a different perspective.

Forum Editor 13:52 PM 08 May 13

Talk to the people who really know - those who run businesses which trade in the EU, and those who deal with investments on behalf of others, and they'll tell you that it would an absolute disaster for us to voluntarily withdraw.

We would pay a heavy price for many years afterwards.

Flak999 14:10 PM 08 May 13

Don't think many people will wonder what my opinion is.

Out!

The sooner the better.

Forum Editor 14:20 PM 08 May 13

Flak999

"The sooner the better"

We've done this argument before, you and I, but for the record, in what way would a withdrawal from EU membership be of benefit to the UK in the long term?

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia Z5 review: Hands-on with the phone which the Z3+ should have been

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Get your photos turned into illos by some of the world’s best artists

What to expect at the September Apple event: Apple announces 9 September event, sends out invites