EU NEW treaty

aine 19:44 11 Jul 07

lets start a pole, a referendum should be called before this treaty is ratified in September. I for one wish to remain British not french/German European. Perhaps the new prime minister will see it, if he is listening to the public

Stuartli 19:48 11 Jul 07

He's already firmly declared that there will be no referendum.

So, it would appear, he is not listening and a poll is unlikely to be of any value.

Politicians normally only listen to what they want to hear or happen, not what the general public wants them to do.

hzhzhzhz 20:05 11 Jul 07

"I didn't come into politics to change the Labour Party. I came into politics to change the country." is what the last PM said and he certainly did that.

laurie53 22:19 11 Jul 07

I know I'm probably in a minority of 1, but prior to the last couple of enlargements I was a full federalist, hoping one day to hear Ode to Joy played at an Olympics medal ceremony.

Now that Malta gets to vote on Scottish fishing policy, and Scotland doesn't, I'm back to being a little islander!

Forum Editor 23:12 11 Jul 07

And so you shall - nothing that's being proposed is going to change that. Where did you get that idea from?

spuds 11:31 12 Jul 07

I thought we were all going to be Europeans, with common beneficial ties and links ;o)

Referendum- Yes Please, but it may shock a few people in high places, if this was to happen.

Cymro. 13:00 12 Jul 07

We pay politicians to run our country that is what they are for. It is no use asking for a referendum every time we disagree with what they do.

It seems to me that some of the top brains in the country can`t agree as to if the EU is a good thing or not, so what chance have the public to sort it out in a referendum?

The days of the British Empire are long gone, thankfully. The future of the U.K. lies within an united Europe. We are British and will remain so, in or out of an united Europe.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced