Error Message on Internet Explorer

oresome 17:58 19 May 13

"Internet Explorer has stopped trying to restore this website. It appears that the website continues to have a problem."

I usually find this site the most problematic by far of the sites I visit, but today is particularly bad.

I don't see that many gripes from other users. Is it just my set up and if so what can I do?

Forum Editor 18:03 19 May 13

Have you tried another browser?

No problems at my end,in either Google Chrome or Internet Explorer - the forum loads almost instantly in both.

morddwyd 18:26 19 May 13

No probs for a while with FF

rdave13 18:33 19 May 13

IE 10 with no problems. Use Spywareblaster which helps IE with this site.

mart7 18:47 19 May 13

Same here ie10 no problems

onthelimit1 19:07 19 May 13

Chrome and IE10 working fine for me. I suggest you uninstall IE (it will roll back to previous version) and see what happens. I had a laptop last week which was unusable after Windows updated to IE10.

bumpkin 19:22 19 May 13

Had problems yesterday and Friday "Server error". Thought it had been fixed.

spuds 00:09 20 May 13

"Waiting for" and "server overload error" Friday and Saturday. Today everything seems fine and fast with IE8, Chrome and Firefox.

wiz-king 06:33 20 May 13

I get this as well.- Getting less enchanted with IE every time they 'improve' it with a new version.

oresome 08:56 20 May 13

Thanks guys.

I'll give one or two of your suggestions a try.

I appreciate there were problems earlier on the weekend, but Sunday evening was particularly problematic and I've always had issues with this site

I see that I am on IE 10 now. It was 9 last time I looked, but the problems were much the same with the earlier version.

The page takes some time to compile with the various ads jostling for position. Meanwhile I scroll down the page to read the last message on the thread and invariably at this point I get the error message and IE restarts. It sometimes restarts five or six times before I get to read the last post.

Funnily enough its not stalled once this morning with no alterations at my end

mart7 14:46 20 May 13

Oresome

"The page takes some time to compile with the various ads jostling for position"

try this its only a trial but it works for me in ie 10,may help you along,blocks most of the adverts http://www.adblockie.com/en/

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nvidia Titan X release date, price and specs UK: Nvidia's new Titan X GP102 for 2016 launching on 2t…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This Superman ride is a real rollercoaster that you wear a VR headset on

Apple 12-inch MacBook review (2016): A question of port